ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
The meet up address is
307 W Harrison St
London Mills, IL 61544
You can also contact me at three zero nine three three eight two six nine nine
or [email protected]

I like how you used the term "support vehicle" and not the term "tow truck". LOL

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Anybody happen to have a 26" 36 spoke extra cruiser rim that is lying around that I could buy off of them during this meet? Been looking around online and can't really find what I need for a decent price. Thought I may as well ask here as I will be seeing you all soon ha!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Anybody happen to have a 26" 36 spoke extra cruiser rim that is lying around that I could buy off of them during this meet? Been looking around online and can't really find what I need for a decent price. Thought I may as well ask here as I will be seeing you all soon ha!
Front or rear?

Tom

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
I have an extra 26" rear beach cruiser "coaster brake" rim that has heavy 12 gauge spokes. The color of he rim is Black. Your welcome to have it free if it is what you are looking for.
That's exactly what I am looking for! 2Door Pmed me and said he has an extra rim he could bring up as well. I don't know what to do ha! If it saves him the hassle of bringing it up I could grab yours and give ya twenty bucks or something for your troubles! Really up to what you guys want to do!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Mine is chrome (polished alloy) How about I bring mine and you can make a choice? I'm driving my pickup so I have plenty of room for a rim. I might bring two bikes, one on a rack and the other in the topper but a rim doesn't take up any space.

Tom

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Alright I suppose. Color isn't that big of a deal as it can always be painted! At the moment I have a rim that the chain tension tore a spoke out of before I deleted the tensioner for just that reason that I have been using with no problems, but a sense of security isn't a bad thing!

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
OK....we are now 2 weeks out to Saturday, June 13. The time is growing near for a fantastic and fun day we have planned to cruise some Midwest farm country side.
Call in sick...put off that honey do list another week...clear that calendar and do whatever it takes to come join in for a great time and a rare opportunity to chit chat and ride with some of those guys you been talkin bikes with for weeks, months or years on motorbicycling.com.
Don't let this chance to join in for an epic ride pass you by! Its going to be memorable time and worthwhile adventure. Don't let the worthwhile things in life pass you by my friends unless it gets you in trouble with the boss/wife.LOL

As soon as each one of you knows that you are for sure planning to attend...please respond to this post stating that you are definitely going to attend or plan to attend. Also be sure to let me know if you will be accompanied by a guest or another fellow rider. Need to get a rough count of attendees so I can make sure I get lunch covered for all those who attend.

PLEASE KEEP CHECKING THIS THREAD BECAUSE WE WILL ONLY CANCEL RIDE IF THEY FORECAST A HIGH PERCENTAGE CHANCE OF STORMS OR HEAVY RAIN DURING THAT DAY. FORECAST ARE ALWAYS CHANGING BUT NEED TO GIVE FOLKS NOTICE IN CASE THEY NEED TO MAKE ANY CANCELATIONS...SO WE WILL GO BY THE FORECAST THAT IS GIVIN THREE DAYS OUT FROM EVENT AND USE THAT FORECAST TO DETERMINE STATUS.

Lets hope mother nature is on our side.

Thanks
Ray

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Looking forward! Prepped and ready finished up the last work today!

Maybe we need to start a list and real names of those who are going?

1. Yesimlds (Jordan)
2. Hyrum (Jordan's friend)
3. 2door
4. brown
5. Mr. B
6. Ray, aka changaroo 70

Last edited by a moderator:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
As of today I'm committed. I kick myself for missing last year but this is something I want/need to do. The older you get the easier it becomes to rely on the safety and security of home and familiar surroundings. That can lead to complacency. I need to get out and do something different and fun. Weather/Nature permitting, I'll be there.

Tom

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
That's awesome guys. I am building a motorized bike this week for a buddy (Schwinn Jaguar). So I hope I can talk him into taking the ride with us. Also have another buddy that I built a bike for(Huffy Big Daddy) and he would like to come for the meet and greet. He don't think he would be able to handle the cruise, but he would like to come see some bikes and talk shop.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Getting close to that time. Hopefully the weather will be nice with us! Hoping to see about getting a hub adapter w/ sprocket, but I guess if I am picking up a rim from one of you guys I probably oughta wait on that huh.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
It still 9 days out and the weather forecast changes all the time, but
Intellicast says
Saturday 06/13
Cloudy early, becoming mostly sunny in the afternoon. High 82F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.

MsN Weather says
Saturday 06/13
Cloudy with rain showers. 60% chance. High 74F.

Weather Channel says

Saturday 06/13
AM Cloudy/PM Sunny. High 82F. Winds N 10mph

2 out of 3 say it going to be nice! Now lets see how many times it changes between now and then.LOL

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
Even if it rains................it rarely rains all day. Bring a poncho just in case.

PS. I will have extra magneto coils with me in my saddle bag. LOL