Midwest Motorized Bicycle Cruise

GoldenMotor.com

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Motorbycling.com founder Paul has made a very kind and sizable donation to our event. Paul said the Steaks are on him...so I will pick out some of the biggest slabs of corn fed steaks I can get from the butcher. So please send thanks to our generous website leader for his support of our event.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
At this point...the forecast for next Saturday is looking good. Low 80's with a bit of cloud cover. Should be a great ride and a great time.....a day to remember. Have a few local riders here that are looking forward to seeing the bikes that show up and meeting some fellow riders as well.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If you guys knew Paul like I do you'd know that his offer is consistent with the man.
He started this forum for people like us and look what it has turned into. He's a gentleman and an all round good guy. There's even a chance he'll be joining us on this cruise. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

I put togther a tool bag today complete with a few main jets for low altitude tuning. My carbs are tuned for 6000' above sea level. I think I'll need some bigger holes. Lighting batteries are charged, I have enough fuel mixed for a day cruise and all I need to do is find a motel room in Canton, and I'm set.

Looking forward to meeting you guys. This should be an epic event. And a cold Corona beer with one of those steaks would make a good ending to a day of cruising. I'll even bring the beer if someone provides the ice. :)

Tom

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Tom

I have a few stock NT carbs laying around with stock jetting if you wanna throw one of those on. I run stock jet and "C" clip in second notch. Seems to work well for this elevation.

I will have a cooler that will be stocked with water, soda, Budweiser products and I will throw some Corona's in there as well. I enjoy a Corona with lime on occasion and this may just be an occasion worthy of one or two.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Limes are good with anything. Seafood wouldn't be seafood without lime. Coronas with a slice of lime sounds like a way to finish off a day of motorized bicycle riding to me :)

Ray, it's actually easier to change a jet than the carb. I'm bringing two or three jets and even my drill set just in case. I can always solder them up when I get back here to the high country. And I run NTs too. Good old carb. Hard to beat. I've just never run one at your altitude. What? 800' MSL or there abouts?

Tom

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Guys I hope everyone on the ride takes video, a group ride is one of the things I've been wanting to put together. Five of us live close enough that we could do a group ride but scheduling is the problem, between work hours and shifts no more than 3 of us can seem to make it at a time.

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
If you guys knew Paul like I do you'd know that his offer is consistent with the man.
He started this forum for people like us and look what it has turned into. He's a gentleman and an all round good guy. There's even a chance he'll be joining us on this cruise. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

I put togther a tool bag today complete with a few main jets for low altitude tuning. My carbs are tuned for 6000' above sea level. I think I'll need some bigger holes. Lighting batteries are charged, I have enough fuel mixed for a day cruise and all I need to do is find a motel room in Canton, and I'm set.

Looking forward to meeting you guys. This should be an epic event. And a cold Corona beer with one of those steaks would make a good ending to a day of cruising. I'll even bring the beer if someone provides the ice. :)

Tom
What jets are you presently running?

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Guys I hope everyone on the ride takes video, a group ride is one of the things I've been wanting to put together. Five of us live close enough that we could do a group ride but scheduling is the problem, between work hours and shifts no more than 3 of us can seem to make it at a time.
Greg

My plan is to get plenty of photos and video from different perspectives. I have my SJ4000 camera I can mount about anywhere I want. I also have my video sunglasses I plan to wear which give a FPV(first person view) perspective. I also have my mini quad/drone that I can take aerial video with. I am able to see what it sees through a small monitor, so I am better able to control the video targets and angles. Best thing about it is it is small enough to carry in the basket of my bike and I will be able to use it at various times along the route if I wish to do so. Going to be an Oscar winning production.LOL

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Oh, man. Sounds like you can put together some good visuals, ckangaroo. I hope you post some of it.

Even though I can't make it, I've been watching the weather forecast for June 13 too. With just a bit of anxiety. But it's looking pretty good. High in the mid-80s and only a 20% chance of rain. And I'll bet all of you know that if the chance of rain is less than 50%, then your chance of getting soaked is practically zero.

For the out-of-towners, make sure you have skeeter dope on hand. If Paul does make it, then ask him about 'deer flies'. They don't seem to exist around here, thank goodness. The very memory of them makes me shudder.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Awesome! Thanks Paul. Getting excited about the meet. Stripped out an exhaust stud so I got to slap my spare jug on there this friday before I head out there! Need to make sure the bike is bulletproof too!

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
My parts won't be here in time to slap my whizzer together. So I'm gonna miss this even though I was hoping to attend. Missed it by about one week! I'm jealous

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
My parts won't be here in time to slap my whizzer together. So I'm gonna miss this even though I was hoping to attend. Missed it by about one week! I'm jealous
Sorry to hear you won't have your Whizzer together in time. Would have really enjoyed seeing it. Perhaps one day in the future?

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Guys my daughter is in the army stationed in South Korea. Her and my 1 year old granddaughter are coming for a visit and arrive wed night. I had planned to come join the ride since moving back to the states this past December. It is less then 6 hours from my home however i will be spending the time with my daughter and granddaughter of course. Have a great ride and i really look forward to see the pictures and hearing all about it. Enjoy!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Paul,
So sorry you can't make it but at the same time we realize the importance of a visit from your daughter. We'll be thinking of you. You'll be there with us, in spirit.

I have everything packed. Just need to top off the tank in the Ford Ranger and set easterly course. I hope my old Tom-Tom GPS can find "central Illinois". London Mills shows up but the info is vague at best. If I find the city I'll just look for a bunch of guys and some bicycles with engines.

Leaving Denver Wednesday and expect to be in Canton Friday evening.

Tom

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Paul,
If I find the city I'll just look for a bunch of guys and some bicycles with engines.

Leaving Denver Wednesday and expect to be in Canton Friday evening.

Tom
Tom

Not sure city is the right term. Our population is around 400 counting dogs, cats, goats and chickens. If the earth was flat, we would be the town right before you fall off.lol

Have a safe trip and drink plenty of coffee if driving through Kansas.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I've made that trip a few times. The biggest diversion is the big wind farm in Eastern Kansas just west of the Missouri border. I've made the trip in various vehicles, my truck, a new Dodge van and my hot rod. The rod doesn't have air conditioning and I drove it to St.Louis in July. Coffee was the last thing I wanted. Cold water, which I drank and poured over my head. :) The temp inside the hot rod always hovered in the triple digits.

Tom