2016 EXCELSIOR Board Tracker Flat Head Build

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Thanks guys, it was fun. Now sitting looking at the completed bike and thinking what next. It may be time for the street bike...Who knows...wish I could pull the trigger and retire but still too young and need the years...I will see you msrfan maybe this Saturday morning.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
There's a lot to be said for clean lines and a straightforward, functional and well-executed design. This bike looks great. I'd give it a bunch of accolades too.

Aug 17, 2011
Springfield IL.
Thanks guys, it was fun. Now sitting looking at the completed bike and thinking what next. It may be time for the street bike...Who knows...wish I could pull the trigger and retire but still too young and need the years...I will see you msrfan maybe this Saturday morning.
Glad to hear that this NOT your last project!
Have you thought about a little Vanguard V-twin!

Can you please elaborate on your jackshaft/pedal set up?
Ive read this thread 3 times, and I can not grasp what you purchased/fabricated/modified reguarding the jackshaft.

Aug 17, 2011
Springfield IL.
Looks like we can vote for Jeff here:

www.bikebuildoff.com

"Online voting for the global people’s choice award opens this Friday the 30th of September at bikebuildoff.com, where you will be able to look through all the winners from Sydney, Milan, Tokyo, Bali and LA – Make sure to get your vote in for the one you like."

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Oh **** yes!!! That's what I'm talking about!!!!

Those two videos are the shiznit!

The bike seems to go pretty well!?!? Did you get a chance to ride it Jeff?

That Briggs motor with the straight pipe, no-muffler, megaphone hooker header sounds like about the best sounding motorized bike ever.

You should be proud, real proud,

Gilbert

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Oh **** yes!!! That's what I'm talking about!!!!

Those two videos are the shiznit!

The bike seems to go pretty well!?!? Did you get a chance to ride it Jeff?

That Briggs motor with the straight pipe, no-muffler, megaphone hooker header sounds like about the best sounding motorized bike ever.

You should be proud, real proud,

Gilbert
Took the bike out Saturday, runs hard but the clutch needs a rebuild or a new one. Thankful for suspension thats all I can say.

A little video of my competition, those motorcycle dudes were not happy with my win: fast forward to 3:06 to see the event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Qru0yfbRs

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey Jeff,

I noticed you were using a bully clutch, I thought it was new, didn't realize it was off another bike. The reason I was wondering is because I thought you mentioned you preferred the vortex red clutch, but you were using the bully.

I would like your thoughts on comparison between the two.

Thanks, and I'm glad the bike was running well.

Gilbert

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Makes me smile when people are taking photos of one of my little bikes and don't even give a second glance at really expensive motorcycles parked in the same area. Unique & cool vintage bikes carry the day & Jeff your creations have both in spades! Rick C.

Aug 17, 2011
Springfield IL.
It's made by sportsman flyer, reduction drive off the crank pedal shaft. The rear adapter and quick change sprocket on the wheel are his items too, went with the best.
Top notch , as is the entire project (minus clutch)!
Red or black Vortex? 2 or 3 disc?
What kind of top speed do you expect, once its broken in?
Enough questions! Great job!

Last edited:

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Hey Jeff, I was thinking of a 3D Motorsports clutch on the jackshaft so you could pedal start and rope start. I may do that on a future build. Let me know if you think it's a good idea.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
I will no longer purchase the Bulley clutch, it's an old design. Requires a certain air gap that increases with wear so it needs adjusting or rebuilding. The vortex design is much better, easy to work on and adjust, less maintenance overall...the only down fall is the up front cost.

I thought you bought one Gilbert?
Yes, I did buy a red vortex 2 disc clutch. I love it, and I am pretty sure it is what enabled me to win a few SoCal motorized bike races with my Briggs engine.

I just saw you had the bully clutch on your new show winning bike, so I thought you went back to the bully clutch for some reason.

Thanks for the clarification.

Gilbert

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Checking in with a few new pictures, notice not to much new action going on with new builds...maybe slow due to the election and up coming holidays. We stay busy at the wolf den, just me and my kid doing it....He built his own shaping room with little help from me, I got this old truck as a project and always thinking of building the ultimate race bike with hopes of Baird as my pilot... Check out the pictures...

Attachments