Blood Thursty!

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Yes Dan does XLNT!! work and I would recomend that for the guys who can't weld go to a fabricator such as some of the guys that attend our motorbicycling forum, Dan at Taylarbikes is tops in my opinion and so is Pat at Sportsmanflyer these guys pay close attention to detail and they're welds are incredible! these guys have done they're home work and have yrs of experience behind them

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Here is my Sportsman flyer, it's a slow work in progress, as it will have the best of the best installed ( as do all my bikes recieve)as you can tell with the machined turned tank and oil box

Attachments

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
AHH Much Better!! notice how much the cooling fins cleaned up also got a lot of other casting blunders cleaned up too last pic is what I'm go'n for
That cylinder does look great. Did you use a hand file to do that?

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
All Dremel and hand sand 2-days, I'm kinda picky, just painted it today Black the crank will be silver and faux crank case Blood Red

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
All Dremel and hand sand 2-days, I'm kinda picky, just painted it today Black the crank will be silver and faux crank case Blood Red
I used my biggest flat bastard. If I tried to do as much detail as your cylinders it would have taken me about a week.

That sounds real nice. What kind of paint do you like? I wish I could find some that 's a little more resistant to pre-mix.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I used Rustolium engine paint, gas and oil resistant, but beware both metal and paint must be the same temperature, set the paint in the sun for about 30 min and cylninder in the sun for about 15 min since the metal will attract heat quicker, shake the paint for a good 5 min and yer good to go.
Believe me it was some tedious work getting that cylinder hooked up and they were 2-8hr days, Ive stripped whole bikes in that time frame, here is an old Huffy 18 spd I turned into a single spd peddler for a friend with a little vintage theme.

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Well here is what todays mission consisted of ,a trip to House of bicycles (in Palmdale Ca.) to trade a 6 1/2" crank for a 4 3/4" crank then install new bottom bracket grease everything and tighten it all down.
2nd pic is the PK69/80cc cylinder with some war paint

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Thanks! for the good words, got the drive line figured out took a little longer then I expected, will mess with peddle side tomorrow.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Now thats a pretty chain! (chrome) just put this on today and I'm thinking about fabbing a chain tensioner out of a brake arm and attach it to the right drop out, but don't want to get away from the simplisity of these bikes and I already have 5 sprockets and a rubber roller,3 for the drive chain and 2 for the peddle side.
Fit the drive chain yesterday and it was quite a job, I'm so Damn picky about everything, I got my lazer level out and lined up all the sprocket's perfectly, then took the chain off to the get engine out and finish it up, still got a lot of work to do!
This is soooo!!! fun

Attachments

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I think you said you put a 4 1/2" crank on. I just did the same to my bike. What gearing are you planning to run? I still have stock 18/38 with a 26" wheel.

The rear sprockets come in 19 20 21 22 I think. 34 is the smallest chain ring I can get. I'm thinking a 19/34.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I'm running a 19 t on back hub peddle side, 36 t on crank, 40 t on rear drive sprocket, you get slop in one chain or the other so I'll have to get to think'n on this .
4 3/4" crank arm but thats just the crank.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm running a 19 t on back hub peddle side, 36 t on crank, 40 t on rear drive sprocket, you get slop in one chain or the other so I'll have to get to think'n on this .
4 3/4" crank arm but thats just the crank.
Have you peddled it around any yet? Mine is pretty hard to peddle with 18/38 gearing, and 4 1/2" crank arms. I guess I'll try a 34T next.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I sure would like to try a 25 or 28 t chain wheel (crank sprocket) but I can't find a lucky seven with that configuration and still keep with the Indian design, my goal is to keep it vintage and period correct, maybe a Schwinn pixie sprocket would do? I'll have to do some research on it.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Thanks! for the complament, hit another snag, Manic Mechanic went out of business and the co. that took over won't be making the Gen ll high comp head for about 4-6 months so guess I'll have to use the Old Ash Tray which isn't really a bad looking head and does stand tall on the engine but DAMMMNN!!!! the Gen ll was pretty authentic looking, Oh Freak'n Well!!