Gasbike.net ripoff help please?

GoldenMotor.com

wyatt808

Apr 18, 2012
oahu
Aloha Forums,
So i ordered a gasbike the starfire 66cc and I was very excited about it. During shipping i would watch tutorial videos & read instruction manuals so i could just put it together quick and ride it to work and school. Turns out upon shipping and receiving it came broken. Everything came broke, the gas tank was majorly dented, the spark plug was broken, the spark plug cap was broken. Now i dont have any spares. I followed the instructions carefully when mounting and did everything correctly. When finished it wouldnt work. I called my friend who ones a auto shop. We ran tests there was no spark coming out of it. They said try grounding it to the frame, its probably the magneto or the CDI. I researched the problem and i came upon a guy who had the same problem who got a replacement magneto from the supplier and it worked. So I contacted my supplier (gasbike). On the instructions it says if it is not working you have thirty days to return it or get a replacement part. I told him my motor doesnt work and that a auto mechanic said its probably the magneto and i would like a replacement part. They replied saying that cant do that and that they only replace the motor, no electrical parts. So after sending them a harsh and stern letter i bought my own replacement magneto. I received it today and put it on exactly how the original magneto was and screwed everything back on into place. It still didnt work. The clutch and everything is adjusted correctly though. Before i buy another CDI i want to know if anyone thinks its the CDI and if anyone has/had the same problem. Its really irritating me.

Please answer these questions im in desperate need of help. Please and thank you :)
Has anyone had the same problem?
Do you think its the CDI?
Is it fair that gasbike can do this? Send out a defective or not working product and not replace it?
What can i do about this?

:-||

Last edited:

Cavi Mike

Dec 17, 2011
Rochester, NY
If all of this stuff was broken right out of the box, why would you start installing everything instead of returning it? At this point, no one knows if you're telling the truth or if you broke everything in the process.

wyatt808

Apr 18, 2012
oahu
If all of this stuff was broken right out of the box, why would you start installing everything instead of returning it? At this point, no one knows if you're telling the truth or if you broke everything in the process.
@Cavi Mike Well i didnt mind the gas tank being dented because i didnt want to have to send it back and go through the process. The spark plugs and cap came with one extra so after replacing them with the extra it was fixed. Everything looked good after replacing the two broken pieces. The only way to see if it works was to put it together. When i put it together thats when found out something was wrong with the electrical. Thats when i contacted the supplier and told him about how the spark plug and cap were broken and the tank was dented. I mean there is no other way you can test if it works right out of the box. The only way is to put it together and test it.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GcesQihc7-mm3hJGf7UPiqOaRXZ8ekUT99QUZq2qXXE/edit

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aBeJuoS--VQWwXysc07rpscTUbPzgc93xjiQBgsyFjc/edit

Although I don't agree with not replacing a part, no one that I know of in the many stores that sell auto parts will replace a electrical part for an occasional buyer. I have done so in a mom and pop store but we bought 1,000's of dollars from them.

I had the same (1 electrical defective part in 3 years of 4 builds)...magneto gone out within 3 days, that's why I trash luckybird, and BGF and they advertise that they gave a 30 day warranty. To me a 30 day warranty is just that, a 30 day warranty, and they don't exclude electrical parts, in the web/ebay site.

Last edited:

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
well, first of all you said "EVERYTHING was broken.", then you say that just the spark plug and spark plug cap were broken.
it sounds to me like you have no idea what you're doing, and i'll bet that your wiring is wrong or that you have a bare wire touching the frame. (A positive wire that is).
when your friend said to ground it to the frame....duhhh, as soon as the engine is bolted to the frame...the entire thing is grounded to it. you should not have to run a separate ground wire to the frame for anything. all of the electrical ground wires are gorounded to the engine and as soon as you bolt the engine to the frame, every ground wire becomes grounded to the frame.

I'll bet you that the fix to get this running is something very simple.
I love it when people start throwing parts at an engine that won't run, based on what so & so did to make theirs run. you can't base your problem on someone elses problem.
you need to figure out how to diagnose the problem before you just start throwing parts at it, hoping that sooner or later it will run.
I understand, everyone has to learn somehow, but in my opinion, throing parts at it is not the way to learn how to fix something. anyone can replace parts.....but not everyone can diagnose a problem and fix it.

when you buy a china 2 stroke engine, even tho it's brand new....once you buy it, it's yours (in most cases). it's like buying it from a rummage sale. it just depends on which vendor you buy it from and what kind of warranty they have on these engines.
as others have said, since you started instalkling the engine, how does the vendor know that you didn't do something wrong with your wiring and fry the magneto or the cdi?
with electrical, once you hook it up, it's yours...and it's that way with automotive electrical too.
once you buy it and hook it up...you own it.

I'm sorry for sounding so harsh, but man, you don't know how many times i hear of people buying these kits, bolting them to a bike real quick, and then getting mad and calling them junk when it won't run. these are not high quality motorcycle engines, they are cheap china engines made out of recycled pop cans and coat hangers, assembled by people making like $3.00 a day.
if you don't like tinkering, tuning, redesigning, modifying and making your own parts, a china 2 stroke is not for you.

Last edited:

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
It's really a catch 22...you never know if the coil/CDI works (but it can be tested before installing), until it is installed and the engine is running.
I agree when the spark plug cap is broken (very common problem), gas tank bent, and a bad CDI...not everything is broken. We have a member that there were numerous fins on the engine broken. Over the years it doesn't amaze me how the package arrives with NO damage but the junk engine kits do.

Last edited: