For Sale - Schwinn Speedster Frame

GoldenMotor.com

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Link to short thread on this bike

No need for a race bike at the present time. It's going to be a year or two before I can go to California for a weekend of racing. I don't want the bike to just sit most of the time, someone else can put this frame to good use. Plus, I've gained interest in starting a different build. I figured I'd post it here first, before it goes on ebay. :)

1967 Schwinn Racer / Speedster frame, 19" frame, accepts 24" & 26" tires, no original cracks or re-welds, wire wheel stripped and polished, welded in key points for motorized use...

comes with :
- original schwinn kickstand
- original schwinn head badge
- complete bottom bracket bearing set
- complete 1" threaded headset
- bmx style lay-back seat post

$150 obo (shipped)

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
If nobody takes it I'll just make it a slow-progress race bike build. Just throwing a line out to see if there are any bites :)

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
"welded in key points for motorized use..."
Explain please?
I'm assuming the dropouts?

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
"welded in key points for motorized use..."
Explain please?
I'm assuming the dropouts?
Seat-stay, seat-tube and top-tube junction reinforced; and a gusset plate added to chain-stay at the bottom bracket. The dropouts themselves are just fine untouched (^), just not rear exit :(

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I like to bust out the paypal account on that frame also but Im wound up in a new build and needing to put several parts I already bought on a coue other of my bikes... that is a very nice frame and the fact that it was made the year I was born makes me want it even more...... just for the heck of it.

Map