Willow Springs Motorized bike races

GoldenMotor.com

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Still waiting.... :rolleyes:
Yah, having not attended this race, I better understand the desire to read the finish results for each class.

It's a race, right? With the first second and third place and everything?

Even though I didn't participate, it would be nice to know how some of my friends did in the different classes.

Thanks in advance Neil,

Gilbert

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Maybe he is taking a break. I have also been trying to get ahold of him for other reasons with no luck. I know it is a lot of work to put the race on and he was sick...not a power trip... maybe a power nap.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
25+ posts not counting the other forum. these are the racers asking for results. i stand by my post. don't get me wrong, neil puts on a great race series and has alot of time and money in them and i'm sure he's lucky to break even. but like all races people want the results. this kinda puts a black eye on the races time after time. anuff said and i'll see everyone at the next race. support these races or they wont be around for long. dennis

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey Neil,

Yes I plan on coming to the May race. Still trying to get my engine sorted out.

Having a hard time getting the briggs to run well. Just bought another gc190 engine for riding around town, but am reluctant to race it, my first honda engine broke a valve after high revving and slipping the timing belt? I'm guessing.

Anyway it didn't like high revs, so still working on getting the briggs motor running for the race.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Maybe I'm missing something, but I went to the Facebook page, and I didn't see any race results there either? Maybe the dog ate the race results page?

Gilbert

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Maybe all the winning racers could post on this thread with their class and first, second, or third place finish. I know Scotto won in one or two classes, I guess a bunch of non-bike/motorcycle frame riders placed well in other classes. Did nashmoto dominate as usual? How did Andy (headtrama) do? What about CCC?, Iceman?

Some of you guys have posted on this thread, let's hear what you know, power to the people.

Gilbert

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Maybe all the winning racers could post on this thread with their class and first, second, or third place finish. I know Scotto won in one or two classes, I guess a bunch of non-bike/motorcycle frame riders placed well in other classes. Did nashmoto dominate as usual? How did Andy (headtrama) do? What about CCC?, Iceman?

Some of you guys have posted on this thread, let's hear what you know, power to the people.

Gilbert
Here's what little I can tell you and these are by no means official results as that's not my dept.

I would say nashmoto dominated the track overall as he has been doing at Grange....he took home some trophies and prizes! Andy raced better than ever with great consistency and placed well in his classes. CCC did awesome and placed high in his class and was riding like a champ! The Rusts were on fire as usual and all placed high in their classes. The motopeds did very well for there first time out so to speak, well this lot anyway. I got beat by the fastest one in the unlimited class but don't really consider it a bicycle as it had no pedals and it does have a 3-speed motorcycle type tranny. My 99cc was not running well as the clutch was not disengaging properly and only got a 4th in the mid class.

Other than this I think most everyone racing had a blast as usual with many from previous races (Easy Rider, Wild Bill and Son, etc, etc) all doing well and the GoPeds were having as much or more fun than anyone else as that scene died out a few years back as far as organised racing is concerned.

That's all I got and the promoter has the official results as far as I know.....and you missed out on a lot of fun track racing, but hey........see you on May 31st champ? I hope so!

dnut

Iceman didn't race but seemed to be having a good time and it was good yacking with him as always.

Last edited:

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
That was an extensive and thoughtful response Scotto, and it almost brought a tear to my eye. I appreciated that very much.

I guess i really do have the racing bug, I didn't think I would care so much about a race I could not attend.

See you at Grange I hope,

Gilbert