CulverCityClassic "Dyno" 99cc Build

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Got my oil fill issues solved, doubles as a crank- case vent.
Made a flange for the exhaust.

This motor has a lot of potential to be a hot rod for sure. The carb and exhaust are very restrictive. The carb has an insulator that is more
like a restrictor plate... Pic shows its size.

Not much to do with the flywheel Scotto. I must say this bike will also be a fun race bike for sure.

Attachments

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
man you build these things faster then the ford assembly line!! lookin real good!!been watchin this build close i didnt like the way my 99cc build went down but i will try again . you always seem to come up with some great ideas on your builds. what carb are you using that aint no 22mm mikuni.." keep it commin"
glenn

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I think the carb is a 19mm.

I received the rear hub adapter today, order yesterday and on today... Got to love Piston Bikes. My only issue is how ugly that sprocket is... The bozo making this item can't show some love and drill some holes in it...now I have to trip and drill all the holes. Got it all done and checked alignment... Perfect...

I could have this junk running by now if I was not on hold for the clutch....chit I would make that to if I could...

BTW where is the fool that was going to sell me another motor from riverside...at least send a reply....

It's cold tonight... So off I am...

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
It just seems like I have been waiting for ever for parts from A mon and really want to move on the project before the first of the year. I did score a couple stems but they were old school and weighed a lot, drilled out the non critical areas and now its just waiting.

Working on a suspension type seat... Also

Attachments

jimmymc2286

Nov 26, 2012
Indiana
Great bike and very helpfull build thread. I am waiting of parts now also.
I am building a bike with a 79cc HF engine set vertical. I have just about got to the point of starting the engine up and test ride. The problem I have is how do you figure the amount of oil to put in it. I can remove the front cover and seal a piece of plastic on the bottom of the engine and fill with oil and measure that but I don't know how far up to fill it. How did you do yours?

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
The motor oil can be measured in, it's really not a problem.

Today's update: not really happy with worksman steel wheels too fric- n heavy and the spokes and chrome stink...who wants to buy em? Well I had a dream about some nice alloy wheels... Back 3.5 x 26 and a front 2 x 26 ... And looks what's on the bike.... Thanks VMB your a good man and I owe you.

This is the route I am going... Low and fast... For 2013

Happy New Year to all!!!!!!

Attachments

jimmymc2286

Nov 26, 2012
Indiana
The motor oil can be measured in, it's really not a problem.
I have no problem measuring the amount of oil going in. I need to know how much to put in. I really need some help here. Have no idea what I'm doing. Today I took the side cover off to remove the governor. While it was off I cut a piece of plastic to cover the bottom of the block, filled the crankcase till the oil just touched the bottom of the rod bolts with the rod at the lowest point of its stroke. Then repeated with side cover. Both of these together only held 8oz. That isn't much oil.
Am I going at this the right way? Sorry for the post on your thread, just need some help.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
how did you addres the oiling on this? I see your new fill but no mention of any changes for oiling when vertical? or did I miss that?
really sharp looking build.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I have no problem measuring the amount of oil going in. I need to know how much to put in. I really need some help here. Have no idea what I'm doing. Today I took the side cover off to remove the governor. While it was off I cut a piece of plastic to cover the bottom of the block, filled the crankcase till the oil just touched the bottom of the rod bolts with the rod at the lowest point of its stroke. Then repeated with side cover. Both of these together only held 8oz. That isn't much oil.
Am I going at this the right way? Sorry for the post on your thread, just need some help.
That's the same method I used, you can always add a bit more. The 6.5 takes half a quart. The rod dipper will splash oil all over that bottom end and it will work it's way to the head. I run other engines this same way with no issues.