Possibly the best looking production eBike ever made

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Claiming a bike is one of the best looking "production bikes" ever made is a big claim that requires big evidence. Just because you happen to like a bikes looks doesn't count for much, because who are you?

Without sales, is it even a production bike? If it's a production bike that doesn't sell, it's hard to argue for good looks.

One way to judge sales is by how many owner videos can you find? Any bike vying for the title of best looking ever should have lots of sales, and lots of owner videos.

Last edited:

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Wow, I had no idea I was in a courtroom. I didn't claim anything. My mistake buddy.

To answer your question, I am just a regular guy trying to enjoy this site. I'm not interested in any kind of whizzing match or arguments so I'll steer clear of you.

no hard feelings

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Wow, I had no idea I was in a courtroom. I didn't claim anything. My mistake buddy.

To answer your question, I am just a regular guy trying to enjoy this site. I'm not interested in any kind of whizzing match or arguments so I'll steer clear of you.

no hard feelings
Please don't take offence, my comment wasn't directed at you. When I comment to someone I usually quote them, like now.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'll add my apologies too, Biknut. I'm sorry we sort of highjacked your thread. And the bike you pictured is a sweet looking machine. I don't think we meant to ruffle feathers or start a debate. I simply was impressed with the looks of the bike Chaz posted. Sorry.

Tom

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
All I can say is if I happened to find any of the above machines in my garage, I would do an embarrassing 'happy dance'.

(Glad I could provide that mental image! Carry on.)

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

I rode Slo Poke to Strokers. I noticed a biker admiring my bike. Of course he ask the usual questions. He told me he would consider buying one of these, because, in his words, this was the first electric bicycle he's seen, that wasn't dorky looking.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

There's a lot of cheap eBikes for sale online. None of them are selling like this one. The new campaign on kickstarter is 12 days old. They've already sold over 1400 more bikes at this point and are closing in on a million dollars with 18 days to go.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm getting ready to unleash the beast a little. I need more range, and speed to be able to do the kind of riding I really like best, but I'm not planning to go crazy. Slo Poke is going to follow in the Atomic BB's foot steps. The Atomic BB was a good 50cc china girl with a ridged frame. It was good for 30 mph, but about 26 mph was the limit of it's comfort zone. Ridged frames are never going to be speed demons so there's no point turning it into a ripper, but I like riding across town, and being out all day. When it's time to go home my legs are usually tired, and I want to be able to ride full speed all the way without pedaling.

In stock form Slo Poke is electronically limited to 20 mph, and only has a 8.8ah battery good for about 25 miles with conservative riding, or 18 miles at full throttle, no pedaling. I'd like at least 50 mile range, and could live with 26 mph.

I think this will do it. For a nominal fee Storm is sending me one of these LCD display's that allows you to program the controller for up to 30 mph. That defeats the limiter, and to add power, and range I'm going to over volt the motor. 36v to 48v, and from 8.8ah to a whopping 30ah triangle battery.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...ah-cell-with-PVC-Case/417189_32470494003.html

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I'm getting ready to unleash the beast a little.

In stock form Slo Poke is electronically limited to 20 mph, and only has a 8.8ah battery good for about 25 miles with conservative riding, or 18 miles at full throttle, no pedaling.
I'd like at least 50 mile range, and could live with 26 mph.

I think this will do it.
For a nominal fee Storm is sending me one of these LCD display's that allows you to program the controller for up to 30 mph.
That defeats the limiter...

...and to add power, and range I'm going to over volt the motor.
36v to 48v, and from 8.8ah to a whopping 30ah triangle battery.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...ah-cell-with-PVC-Case/417189_32470494003.html
That looks like a pretty good pack if the stats are real.
130 3A 18650 cells arranged as 10 banks of 13 series cells each.

You are going to need to change your throttle to switch from 36V to 48V but your controller should be fine.

A Kilowatt is fun ;-}

But what will your hub motor take?
You have to limit how much you feed it at once, but that will certainly extend your riding distance.

http://motorbicycling.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
You got the right idea Biknut. Buy a bike with a hub motor kit already installed on it and upgrade the battery.