1st AVG Group Flying Tigers tribute build

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Now I get to put it together! dance1 WEEEE! My neighbor has my build stand so I gotta get it back. better pics when I have it back. Once its riding as a regular pedal bike its goin to Steve Kafka here in Phoenix for the teeth and eyes.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I can't wait to see the finished product. The camo looks great.
This is gonna be a One-Of-A-Kind build. Keep us informed, please!
I love the WWII look you're going for.

Tom

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
DAMMMMMNNNNN IT! that camo is SSSOOOOOOO GOOD! It took me a few minutes to see the bike.
Seriously Though Freak'n Cool!
Where's the shark teeth ?

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Last edited:

Tyrant

Apr 8, 2015
Kasas
After looking at his pin striping it's really hard to type with all this jealousy I'm feeling. I will start looking for pinstripes in Kansas to do my bike now.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey Velo,

Very nice build so far.

I looked up Steve Kafka, and all I can say is DAAAHYEM SON! He's got serious skills!

I feel so happy for you to have such a mind-freaking genius pinstriper working on your bike. From what I've seen, he has "taken it to another level", as they say.

And the restoration of the Von Dutch Bus/Shop/house is nothing less than Smithsonian worthy. I saw an art show consisting of a Von Dutch section with some salvaged metal panels, along with a photo of Von Dutch inside the bus. I always wondered what happened to that bus. He is an influential and important American Fine Artist, in my mind.

Thanks for the Steve Kafka link. Makes me want to attempt and learn pinstriping.

Good luck with the completion of your build.

Gilbert

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
GREAT BIKE coming along Velo

Gil - one of the Maestro Kafka images posts mentions he owns the Von Dutch Bus.

Always loved seeing the grey beard maestros demonstrating their awesome skills at the Pomona Car Show

Illustrated Manuscripts at the finest

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Its kind of depressing. I have "photos" of the finished product but he sent them the size of a postage stamp. Looks Great. But I wont have real pics till I pick it up on Monday. Sucks.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The original 'nose art' guys back during WWII were nowhere near as talented as your striper is. Some of their stuff looked good from 100' away but up close some of the art was pretty rough.

Yours is spectacular. And will look good from 5' away.

Can't wait to see it all together.

Tom