Roadmaster Project

GoldenMotor.com

--

Aug 18, 2014
Hello Gilbert,

I followed this from other thread on mechanical horn repair by msrfan.. I am impress with your way of build..

bike still look cool without any paint, kind of give it "dragged outta barn" look..

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Thanks for the appreciation. The bike means a lot to me.

It's a big part of my life, seems like I'm continually working on it.

Gilbert

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Looks even better if that was possible, Congrats on Race Poster too. I'm wondering did you do anything special when mounting your fenders? I love the. L look but am worried about safety.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey Motomagz,

Sorry for the late reply, I missed your post. I continually struggle with my fender mounts. The front fender is pretty solid with a bolt going into the bottom of my fork stem, the bottom brace with four bolts in the fender, and my leaf spring fork dampening a lot of the road vibration. The rear fender has proved problematic, the bicycle fender braces are just too thin and continually break at the axle. There is just a lot more vibration and stress on the rear braces. I have never had an accident because I braze a 1/8" thick strap onto the front of the fender and it's then bolted with a lock nut at the chainstay junction.

I have not been able to source a thicker fender brace, so when I switch my bike back to cruiser mode with the larger rear fender, I'm going to try brazing a strap to the axle mounting end of the fender brace in order to strengthen it.

Thanks for the interest,

Gilbert

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Oh my, what a beautiful motor bicycle. How on earth did I manage to miss this thread?
I love to see handmade motor bicycles and you have every reason to be proud of what you've achieved. Thank you for taking so many photographs and sharing them with us. It really is inspiring to study all the wonderful details, my favourite is the petrol tank cap with the copper coil breather.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
This looks very much like something really old I posted in the European Lightweights gallery. It must cost a fortune in Brasso.

This is close, it's a Hazlewood.

Last edited:

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Thanks to everyone for your words of interest, I am honored to have Intrepid Wheelwoman comment on my bike. I have read many of your posts and enjoy your writing and personal story very much.

I thought I would include some recent pictures of my bike from other threads to try and have it more cohesively in one place.

The first one is on the track at the Socal race at the Grange track.

The next couple are of the bike in cruiser mode, with the long handlebars and full fenders.

The last one is the Socal Race Poster, which I am humbled to be on.

I am so thankful to have this hobby where I get to express myself creatively, and still have a working vehicle to ride around town.

It seems kind of silly from the outside, a pedal bike with a little motor, but it means the world to me.

Gilbert

Attachments

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
The race pic is just perfect. And you weren't hanging around, were you?
I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean. I'm not sure what is "hanging around". I hung out at the race track all day. Are you referring to a riding style on the bike? Like when you lean off the saddle leaning towards the pavement?

Gilbert

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Hanging around = loitering, aimless waiting, that sort of thing, which you certainly weren't doing.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Like Intrepid Wheelwoman, I'm amazed it took me this long to notice this thread.

And, like Silverbear, I appreciate the numerous photos. For people who are interested in these bikes and builds, there just can't be too many photos.

Nice --Very Nice!-- job.

It really does have that 'old school' feel, doesn't it?