Well..I got pulled over

GoldenMotor.com

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina
The last time I had to go to traffic court, seat belt violation, I pled guilty with an explanation. I told the judge that I had the best of intentions and I never had so much as a warning before. It was just a misunderstanding. What he did was give me a prayer for judgment . Nothing on my records and I paid the court cost. That is like a hundred bucks or so.

If worst comes to worse face it, you did know better than to ride a motor bike without the proper helmet. Don't get me wrong, I ride with with no helmet, but I expect one day to get stopped, but I haven't so far.

Sometimes you have to just fess up to it and pay the piper. I know it's a chicken salad law, but so is the seat belt law.
i might talked to them (clerk,D.A or whoever) again this week. i cant remember how many times i rode past the highway patrol station everytime i went to the flea market here and had no problem with the ole bicycle helmet i had on lol..i'll git out of this...i aint a rebel for nuffing :)

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina
talked to a D.A. today. they said i either have to show my helmet, or a picture of it or proof of purchase. they wont dismiss it early tho. so...i mostly likely will go to court jan. 21. do the lil song N dance thru the metal detector N all...judge make his or her appearance. wait for my name to be called. show my helmet and be dismissed and leave. gonna be a wasteful day for me its 1 of those allday til they call my name kinda deals. the system here suks!

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Well done sir!
I sometimes think that they (the law) try to play a mind game with the general public when it comes to silly charges such as this. They hope that you will just blow it off and end up paying the fine. The cop most likely was not there because he/she figured that you would play into the game they way they want you to. If you actually show up to court and provide exactly what they say is required (a DOT legal brain bucket in this case), they reward your effort with a dismissal.
I think that this ticket was a potential revenue maker for them and nothing more.

Ride hard, ride safe!
I recommend keeping the full faced helmet btw.

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina
Well done sir!
I sometimes think that they (the law) try to play a mind game with the general public when it comes to silly charges such as this. They hope that you will just blow it off and end up paying the fine. The cop most likely was not there because he/she figured that you would play into the game they way they want you to. If you actually show up to court and provide exactly what they say is required (a DOT legal brain bucket in this case), they reward your effort with a dismissal.
I think that this ticket was a potential revenue maker for them and nothing more.

Ride hard, ride safe!
I recommend keeping the full faced helmet btw.
yeah they tried to make a dollar off me. didnt happen. yeah the fullface 1 keeps the cold air off my face..the cold days are back for now here. wore my open face 1 this morning with my ski mask under it lol. prolly wear the fullface 1 when i ride again either today or tommrow unless i sell it brnot

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I totally agree with the concept that a lot of the time they're just hoping you'll just give up and pay the ticket.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
As I said before i was married to a cop and that is what she told me. They had to write out so many tickets per month and they did. If you went to court and fought it, you won because they wrote the big ones up for days that they would be in court to defend them.
A $50+ ticket most people paid because it cost more to fight than just pay. Time off work ect.
The big dollar tickets or the ones with a lot of lost points on their drivers licence and DUI"s, people took time off work to fight and the cops were there to make them stick. The court people are overwelmed also with the work load so the small tickets aren't worth taking the courts time.
You showed up with proof you were good to go.

Nice to here that our side won one for once.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
LOL That's to darned true Rockenstein but the're also good for keeping my tired old tailfeathers out of court as well. Last time I rebeled the judge told me I was revolting and needed time to think it over. A whole lot of time. That's when I found out lawyers don't cost, they pay off if you have one.

At least the old lady could find one with the other and leave me to a good nights sleep.
Telling you that getting old is not fun. I think that's why they save it for last.

I'm working on getting parts together for a gas build now. Maybe I'll stop in London Town
and we can share a cold Ronalds Supper Club meal in the holding cell.

Hope the New Year is looking bright for you and it's not just the sun shining off the snow..

Steve.