Speak of Tavern...Your favortie beer?

GoldenMotor.com

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I prefer English ales and darker brews most of the time. Not to say I won't drink something paler, but it better be tasty. ;) When I have my gear out to do a batch or two, that's the direction I usually go in. In the summer it's nice to have a batch of my honey-wheat lager at hand.

Can't find it anymore, but I used to drink an English ale called Double Diamond a lot. These days I find my go-to when I'm out is often a Guinness (which I've loved for years), or if available the new 'Black Lager' from Guinness (all the flavour without the heaviness of the stout).
My favourite microbrew is expensive out here, but Creemore Springs makes a nice beer. We used to go camping at a place a half-hour drive from the brewery. For sale at the brewery were 500ml and 1 liter sizes back then. A couple of 8-packs of the 500's went down very well around a campfire.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm a Corona drinker too. In the summer, after mowing the lawn and sittiing under the ceiling fan on the back porch I like to pour a Corona over ice and have a fresh lime handy.
Of course there's the liquor store runs that have to be made.

Tom

Attachments

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
1kbike- You're new? Well welcome! This is a great thread idea for the adults here.
I've read it all, and there are some really good suggestions here. I'd like to add two;
Guinness Stout- since 1759.
Broken Wheel- Me and the crew I work with found a bar after a long day. We decided on two different kinds of beer. We were all looking out the window at this kid who had just about ate pavement because the wheel broke off of his skateboard. One of the guys picked up the wrong pitcher and topped off his glass- I said it looked good to me, drank it, and someone else said "Broken Wheel Beer". We drank nothing else for a few visits. Full, fruity and clean was the review. It is 50/50, Black Butte Porter, from Bend Oregon, and Reserve Ale, from Red Lodge Montana.

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
I'm a Corona drinker too. In the summer, after mowing the lawn and sittiing under the ceiling fan on the back porch I like to pour a Corona over ice and have a fresh lime handy.
Of course there's the liquor store runs that have to be made.

Tom
Okay that second pic is BADASS! (can I say that here?) Anyway, I'd love to see more of that setup. I gotta friend who's a painter and pinstriper and thought about going with a beer bike theme. That setup would just take the cake. I love it!

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
1kbike- You're new? Well welcome! This is a great thread idea for the adults here.
I've read it all, and there are some really good suggestions here. I'd like to add two;
Guinness Stout- since 1759.
Broken Wheel- Me and the crew I work with found a bar after a long day. We decided on two different kinds of beer. We were all looking out the window at this kid who had just about ate pavement because the wheel broke off of his skateboard. One of the guys picked up the wrong pitcher and topped off his glass- I said it looked good to me, drank it, and someone else said "Broken Wheel Beer". We drank nothing else for a few visits. Full, fruity and clean was the review. It is 50/50, Black Butte Porter, from Bend Oregon, and Reserve Ale, from Red Lodge Montana.
Thanks for the well wishes. I hope to have fun here...I mean more fun, I am already having fun. Cool story. I'll have to try that now. BTW Black Butte Porter is one of my favorite porter style beers. I've used it for a beer ice cream float once. It wasn't bad, just something I wasn't used to. However, the beer works great as a chaser to a piece of dark chocolate if you like chocolate.

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
Ya might wanna review something like this next.......

.......Rogue VOODOO Doughnut, Bacon Maple Ale .......great for breakfast!
I didn't see the bacon & maple one here. The banana chocolate and peanut butter one was interesting. It was more of a stout after the nose with little influences of peanut butter and banana in taste. I mean, what do you compare it to? LOL I'll try that one if I see it. I've got a lot I've tried and a lot I haven't. If you want to see my review on it, I'll send you the link in a PM. :D

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Okay that second pic is BADASS! (can I say that here?) Anyway, I'd love to see more of that setup. I gotta friend who's a painter and pinstriper and thought about going with a beer bike theme. That setup would just take the cake. I love it!
Here's a link to the build thread on that trike. I made those cargo areas just the right size to carry two 6 packs. I sold it to another member and he still has it. http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=13591

Tom

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Favorite beer on the planet: Left Hand Brewing- Nitro Milk Stout. So so smooth.

Looking to get a nitrogen system set up at home so I can put my homebrewed stouts on nitro.
I can live without the nitro but it's a nice touch. Can give me headache sometimes. The Left Hand Brewing Milk Stout in general is one of my favorites. Right behind it would be Lion Stout (Sri Lanka I think), and then Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter. For fresh-on-tap Grand Rapids is doing alright with Founder's and their stout is pretty good.

When it comes to lite beers or lighter beers I order a Black Russian with Absolute. I don't care for beer I can see through.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I only get my beer from Sante Rustic Ales in Santa Cruz. Personally I don't know the name of dark beer I drink but all I can tell you is it's the best beer I've ever drank. All I know is they brew the beer in oak wine barrels. I bring my own 2 liter bottles and the owner fills them up for $15 each. Here's a picture the place.

Attachments

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
I only get my beer from Sante Rustic Ales in Santa Cruz. Personally I don't know the name of dark beer I drink but all I can tell you is it's the best beer I've ever drank. All I know is they brew the beer in oak wine barrels. I bring my own 2 liter bottles and the owner fills them up for $15 each. Here's a picture the place.
I think my first place to cruise to after the break in will be to one of the breweries here in town. Never thought to bring two liter bottles! Thanks for the idea LOL.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I think my first place to cruise to after the break in will be to one of the breweries here in town. Never thought to bring two liter bottles! Thanks for the idea LOL.
Here's the bottles I recycle. I bought 4 but I only needed two.
I paid $13 for each bottle but each bottle came with 4 tops.

Attachments

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Today, with the humidity and temp, the heat index is at 112* here in OKC. The Miller High Life's have been extra refreshing today!! I think the cans have 'sweated' as much as I have............

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I can't drink beer, I'm allergic. Fortunately there is wine, whisky and cider. Proper cider, with alcohol in it. Widely avilable through a pub chain called Wetherspoon's is the H. Weston company's Od Rosie. Think of booze as being a drawing. Cheap beer or cider, with no flavour is a stick man. Better stuff has a proper outline. Go through the grades until there's shape, colour, shading, perspective. With Old Rosie it's one step further. A kaleidoscopic explosion of flavours on the palate, expanding and lighting up the world. Glorious.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I am baffled as to why people pay as much for a stickman drink, when there are Fred Astaire in a floral suit drinks to dance across your taste buds.