My Board Track Build

GoldenMotor.com

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
My bike isn't as finished as your's infact it's just frame and fork, it still needs a gas tank, idler and sprocket, just got it a couple of weeks ago, it will get a sup'd chinese engine.
I had Dan lower the center bar about 1" so the tank will be just a little taller and probably flat on sides, when I get it to the point where yours is at or finished then I can start posting the Taylar Motor Bikes thread.
I really love this bike!
wow, that's a nice setup.
Is Dan doing the tank for it too? Or are you doing it yourself?

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Yes, Dan will be doing the tank as well as any other fab's or welding (I have absolutely ziltch for welding skills) this is and will be a Dan Taylar bike all the way, to bad he doesn't have a head badge, a wheel with wings would be cool'.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
He does! Well... Not a head badge but a logo. Notice the fancy T for taylar on the faux motor mount! He also gave me a laser cut out in the same script of the full word " Taylar " I was tempted to get two and have them affixed to the tank prior to paint but they are fraggle and my tank is quite small and very round; I think they would snap with the bends required, but on a larger flatter sided tank it would be very cool to have the " Taylar " script in high releaf on the tank ( just sayn ) Might ask him bout it. Hummm you mght wanna talk to him bout a head badge. Hes very creative and crafty. PS: Not my bike but an earlier build / thread which sent me charging down the path of motored bikes PSS: Sorry for the thread drift Tom. Now back to Tom's build...

Attachments

Last edited:

tomgndallas

Sep 19, 2010
Dallas, TX
He does! Well... Not a head badge but a logo. Notice the fancy T for taylar on the faux motor mount! He also gave me a laser cut out in the same script of the full word " Taylar " I was tempted to get two and have them affixed to the tank prior to paint but they are fraggle and my tank is quite small and very round; I think they would snap with the bends required, but on a larger flatter sided tank it would be very cool to have the " Taylar " script in high releaf on the tank ( just sayn ) Might ask him bout it. Hummm you mght wanna talk to him bout a head badge. Hes very creative and crafty. PS: Not my bike but an earlier build / thread which sent me charging down the path of motored bikes PSS: Sorry for the thread drift Tom. Now back to Tom's build...
haha, its all good, it is nice to see other folk's bikes and have a great discussion on what Dan is doing. I agree, i think if you were willing to kick out some development cost he would do a head badge for you. That pic was the same one that inspired me to do my build. Look forward to seeing more of your build Truckd, love those whitewalls!!!

drn2

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
The white walls are just what it's sitting on for now, remember the bike is not even close to being finished and yes anything you stick in one of these bikes, thats bigger then the chinese engine is gonna hall ass but I'm try'n to keep em street legal and with the mods I'm doing they will do just fine at any rate they'll be running alot better if I did'nt do anything to em. I am however going to build a monster motored Reading Standard styled bike out of a 1916 bike frame (Dan will do that one too) with all vintage parts except for the 212cc clone engine
I am contemplating doing a decal like the old MOTOBIKE decal except put Dans scripted logo name in it insted but I'll have to get the O.K. from Dan on that first.
I had some head badges made for my logo in copper of an Indian arrow head with a 1937 Indian head nickel in the center, clear laquared over everything to keep from tarnishing. And by the way if ya' all are looking for a really nice seat check out the Gyes line up

Last edited:

tomgndallas

Sep 19, 2010
Dallas, TX
updated pics from Dan at Taylar.

This is my bike and Tre in LA's bike. Mine is the one with the white tires of course. They look like the best of friends hanging by the lake.

Super cool

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
What a lucky guy! to own a Taylar BTR, both bikes are beautiful!!!! I know you will have many days of joy ahead of you, have fun!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
If Harry likes it,I love it, (LOL! Harry) lets just call them #2 and #3 only because I have #1 of the production version BTR's and soon you all will see another one of Dans beautiful production master pieces(finished), I'll try to keep it as indian as possible.
The really cool thing about owning one of Dans bikes is their all low number bikes and it makes their value the highest of all to be produced after words no matter what they are built as or with.
So hold on to them (litterally)

Last edited:

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Very cool bikes, guys. If that picture was black and white it would be hard to tell what year it was. Are they running, and if so how do they feel? Powerful? I have yet to actually ride a clone powered build and hope they have plenty of horse power.

tomgndallas

Sep 19, 2010
Dallas, TX
Very cool bikes, guys. If that picture was black and white it would be hard to tell what year it was. Are they running, and if so how do they feel? Powerful? I have yet to actually ride a clone powered build and hope they have plenty of horse power.
mine is not running yet, have to get the intake done on it and swap over the engine for one that i am building. George's is running, Dan road it and said it was really strong, lots of torque. I am looking forward to it. Gotta get my ass in the garage and finish the engine. Should only take a half day at the most as I have all the parts and these engines are pretty simple.

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
Quick question to you guys that are standing the GX200 clones up vertical......how are you addressing the oiling issues ? I've been wondering about it for a while now. Perhaps simply overfilling the crankcase would suffice, but does anyone have extended running time on one installed this way ?

tomgndallas

Sep 19, 2010
Dallas, TX
yes, read cobrafreaks 1911 thread, all the tech info is there. using a few aftermarket add ons to the engine greatly improve reliability. i think he is pushing 2000 miles on his no problems.

if u read my thread you will see the engine mods mine will have, it will be solid, and i have two spares for parts.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
!!!! DANG Tom! Tre and you are gonna have tha zuper dooper sexi bikes!! :p Makes me wish I'd saved my pennys and gone for the full gospel custom route you guys have done. Is their a difference in the transmissions other than color? They look the same in picts. cept for color.