Mini-Chopper to Push Trailer

GoldenMotor.com

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
I was rolling a few numbers around my skull and it looks like the little pusher has so far saved me about $200 in fuel! Not a bad return. I wish everything I put money into had a return like that and provided this much entertainment!

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
Today was one of those "I should have done this years ago!" days. Went back to wrightwood for I think the 12th time and rode around the annual car show. Lots of way sweet hot rods everywhere. Even with all the high dollar cars there I could not get over all the folks that would turn away from a sweet $80k street rod to look at and stop me so they can get a few pictures of my $9 thing made from a big pile of stuff that would normally be in a land fill. what a hoot!

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
Thanx anim8r! Right now I am building a 6 led brake/tail light that is simple and should be reliable. Ill post some pics of the components later.

Yesterday I stopped a a gas station to have a smoke and a sheriff pulled up. He got out of his car and looked my bike up one side and down the other. He asked if i was the owner, and thinking crap, what did he find wrong i said yes sir. He smiled and said thats really cool! Then left!

Last edited:

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA

Here's my homemade fencepost expansion chamber.

This is my homemade brake/taillight using six LEDs. The batteries add up to 4.5 volts. The taillight will normally run off of the 10 ohm resister but when the brake lever is squeezed it allows it to bypass the resister, making the LEDs brighter. I tested the circuit, it works, now I just have to put it all together.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Uber cool. (but did it double your over all cost? snicker)

That is great about the officer's reaction. I like cops. Most are good folks doing an honorable job. Their like people that way.

Man, I just can't "get" any thing electrical. Mental block of some kind. I wired my car for a trailer. When you put on the left signal, the clock and glove-compartment flash. Har! Ya shoulda seen the wife's face first time she noticed. She had been under the impression (so very wrongly) that I could fix any thing.

Was so dang funny. 23 yrs later and she is just noticing.

Again, great build!.

.flg.

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
Well it did add the cost of three AAA batteries. geez, now im up to about $10.50. thanks for the reality reminder Dan. Just dont tell my wife. Lol

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
Hey! I have been offered a free scooter. I know nothing about it other than its been cut in half. Hmmm. Well I will have a look and let you know. Could be a few parts or could be the next $9 ... I mean $10.50 (pointed out by Dan.) pusher.