Living a Moderator's life

GoldenMotor.com

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
How does a moderator do his job on this website ? Does it require long hours at the screen ? Are there designated times you check in ? Do you get any sleep ? Are there any perks ? Is there an alarm bell that goes off for each new post ?Do you only use a laptop or desktop to do your job ? Do you read and edit everything posted ? Do you wear a uniform or badge ? Do you take an oath ? Just thought it would be an interesting topic .

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
No, it means you'r a card with no value, if a user conflicts with any of the trump cards, mod, admin, or site owner, who comes out on top? Every time..not assigning a value, just the lack therre of...

.duh.
.duh.
I kinda agree there, about the "who will come out on top if there is a conflict?"

I feel like a mod, cause I alswas check this site when i am online, and login every day (well, exept when i get grounded :p )

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
No, it means you'r a card with no value, if a user conflicts with any of the trump cards, mod, admin, or site owner, who comes out on top? Every time..not assigning a value, just the lack therre of...

.duh.
the way i look at it, is it's not my site, and i have to abide by the rules of whomever set it up. same with anything. business, home, someone's girlfriend...

if i didn't like the way a site was run, i wouldn't want be on it anyway.

i admit, it would be nice to #?%*& swear sometimes, but i gotta remember there's 11 year old kids on here, too.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
TBH, between the mods and the members - this is by far the nicest forum I've been on. Although there is a wide demographic and an incredible diversity in preferences, we've a common interest and that's usually the focus. Even though we natter on and obviously discuss topics of other interest, thankfully there is little drama and what there is - no one relishes. While sometimes there is dispute, few seek it.

I do lurk another of course, one that has nothing to do with bikes. Much as I love my hobby there is more to life and I've friends that have no interest in such things. Yet I find myself spending more and more time on this little getaway, where the "he said/she said" is checked at the door.

Here - the mods are respected for who they are and what they've built.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I say the mods/admins need a big clap on the back !!!
having been a mod at the other forum, I know how hard the job is
many hours and much carp from others :(

GOOD JOB GUYS !!! :)
you guys help make this place what it is (^)

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
Please reread my original questions . And congrats on the efforts to get this thred driven completely off trac . I just wanted to read what the life of a moderator intales , and add a little humor . I didn't expect it to get sidelined into the twilo -zone . Rod Serling would be proud of you .

Attachments

Last edited:

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
You are wrong grasshopper the badge and uniform question was merly a joke as it would be a joke to have the ebay police come to your door . I think you turned over the wrong stone . Never had a complaint or a bad thing to say about this site and I am very happy to be a member here for a long time .

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Now to go back OT-

We work long hours for an astounding amount of pay and we are so intertwined with the site you never know where we may show up next, or not at all.

We have a "bat phone" if you will that allows us to know everything all the time.

It's fun, most of the time.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I always put on my uniform before getting on this site. I could show everyone what the uniforms look like but I don't want to get in trouble with the site owner or the admin. I'll give you a hint though Look at Norms avatar. May the Force be with us...............:D

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
I think we owe a big THANKS to the owners and mods of this site for the work they do. Website and bandwidth isnt cheap. Im glad theres rules to keep uniformity and to keep the wild west atmosphere at bay. Thanks to ALL who put in time and effort so we have a nice place to come to and learn. JOB WELL DONE and THANKS!

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
How does a moderator do his job on this website ? Does it require long hours at the screen ? Are there designated times you check in ? Do you get any sleep ? Are there any perks ? Is there an alarm bell that goes off for each new post ?Do you only use a laptop or desktop to do your job ? Do you read and edit everything posted ? Do you wear a uniform or badge ? Do you take an oath ? Just thought it would be an interesting topic
I felt this was a reasonable post and would have been interested to hear real answers to some of these questions. I just like to learn about things.

BTW, lefty, I never saw anybody else that puts spaces before their questions marks. Unique.