San Diego's 8th Group Ride

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Great pictures everyone! And, some fun stories along the way. When is the next ride?
The next ride should be at Grange in Apple Valley Oct. 22, 2011! It's not only a ride, you can actually race and then talk about how great your bike is.....rusty or not, lol!

You up for some competition boys? Girls? Girly men? Whatevers? Hahahahaha!

See you there!

dnut

SrtBrad

Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
It looked like you guys had a blast again. I was not able to make it due to a busted frame. I will try to make the next one. Maybe we could do a LA to Long Beach CA trip next time. Its a total of 60 - 70 miles round trip depending on the route we would take. I've done it 2 times now. The first trip I broke motor mounts and the second trip I broke the frame after putting in case hardened m8 bolts for the engine mounts. Here are some pics of my last trip to Long Beach:

huffy80

I've got an appointment at the DMV on Friday to get my CA Plate. Hawaii, I will pre-run a TJ trip with you when you are ready. I'm ready to go International. We can cruise back through the car lanes on the bikes with no wait time.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
The DMV is useless for getting a plate for your MB. The folks behind the counter don't know a thing about the legalities of an MB.
If you actually get someone there who knows what you are trying to do, you will become the first person ever to get that fortunate.

Print this out, fill it out, and sent it to Sacramento with $19.00.
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg230.pdf
Wait a month or so and your plate will arrive in the mail.

Oh yeah, use the bicycle's frame number for the VIN number.
For the engine number, add an "E" in front of it and use the same number.

Last edited:

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
I think I will get a ride going the week before the race then I'm going to request that day off and go up there.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hope you like em. I took these at 25 MPH so may not be the best. Thanx again to everyone who came out amd took part.
You weren't going 25mph while taking these pics......you were standing oh so still! Sorry I missed the ride, was hiking in Torrey Pines with my youngest son and GF. Next time round maybe........

dnut

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
The DMV is useless for getting a plate for your MB. The folks behind the counter don't know a thing about the legalities of an MB.
If you actually get someone there who knows what you are trying to do, you will become the first person ever to get that fortunate.

Print this out, fill it out, and sent it to Sacramento with $19.00.
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg230.pdf
Wait a month or so and your plate will arrive in the mail.

Oh yeah, use the bicycle's frame number for the VIN number.
For the engine number, add an "E" in front of it and use the same number.
I agree; do the mail in thing! I mailed the completed Form 230 and a check for $21.00 (didn't know if the fees went up, so I threw in a couple of bucks more) on July 29th 2011 - got the plate and registration back on August 10, 2011. I used the bicycly VIN number and engine number stamped on the block.

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
Attention San Diego Riders!!!!

WERE GOING TO VENICE!!!!!

That's right. Oct 16 1030 meet up at the pier. "Well wait a minute. How are we getting there???" Well we meet up at Belmont Park in Mission Beach and we leave at 07AM SHARP!!! It's A 3 hour drive. I have a pick up truck and tie downs with room for maybe 6 or more bikes. I only have room for 3 maybe 4 riders in the back seat. So if we can get a car to help out with shuttling riders or a truck for more bikes that would be great. I volunteered myself to help, all I ask is gas to help get there. Guys let me know if you want to go. I'm driving an 20 year old truck so if we can get a newer truck with better gas mileage let me know too or if you have a van or car to help with riders let me know. Let's Ride!!!!!

Link to Venice Ride
http://motorbicycling.com/f35/venice-beach-ride-sunday-oct-16th-33989.html

Last edited:

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
I'm going to Venice this month. But I may have a ride on the 30th and the 9th. Octorber is a busy month for us it looks like. We have the race this month and such. So the 9th will be a short ride.

Last edited: