Finally going to start my build..

GoldenMotor.com

mrblack98

Oct 30, 2012
north carolina
Parts:
Lifan 125cc $259 shipped
http://www.t-motorsports.com/lifan-125cc-engine-motor-xr50-crf50-xr-crf-50-dirt-bike/
Micargi 'Mustang' Men's GTS Beach Cruiser $349 shipped
Disk brakes I figure $100 bucks for front and rear
motor mounting $20
Chain $20
(possible) Jackshaft assm $20
Welding $50+$20 for materials- $70
Tank $30
I know some of these are on the high side price estimate wise.
Total: $870
First do you think this is a fair estimate?
And I have read A LOT of threads on these, and for those with experience is it easier to run the engine chain on the left rather than make a jackshaft or vice versa? I think the only problem with keeping it on the left would be lining it up with the sprocket?
And I'd like to keep this pedaling, should i go over the engine with the chain or go under it like i-paints build?

Thanks guys, I plan on starting the build once i get my tax returns ;)!

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I have found running the pedal chain under the engine is fairly easy to do :)
the straight bottom tube of the Mustang makes fabbing an engine mounting plate easy as well ;)

good luck with your build, and post lots of pics for us to drool over please !!!

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
If you don't have it already, you'll need a clutch $30-$300
Throttle/throttle cable $25-$30
Exhaust (depends if you have pipe lying around) $0-$50
Kill switch $5
Rear sprocket $35
Jets for tuning $20
Air filter
Chain guard?
Fuel line, filter, maybe fuel pump $30
We use a jack shaft to find the gear ratio were looking for, and it helps align the engine in the frame for a better center of balance and so the chains line up.
Good luck with your build, I can't wait to see it.

mrblack98

Oct 30, 2012
north carolina
If you don't have it already, you'll need a clutch $30-$300
Throttle/throttle cable $25-$30
Exhaust (depends if you have pipe lying around) $0-$50
Kill switch $5
Rear sprocket $35
Jets for tuning $20
Air filter
Chain guard?
Fuel line, filter, maybe fuel pump $30
We use a jack shaft to find the gear ratio were looking for, and it helps align the engine in the frame for a better center of balance and so the chains line up.
Good luck with your build, I can't wait to see it.
On the website it says "1 DOWN 3 UP w/CLUTCH, 4 STROKE 4 SPEED COMPLETE RACING ENGINE" ...."Kit inculdes: 1P52FMI engine, intake manifold, carburetor, CDI, coil, kick starter, spark plug, shifter, wire harness"

Do they not include the clutch? And the Jets, don't they come with a carb? I only ask all this because I don't want to get all my parts together, and then be missing stuff!

mrblack98

Oct 30, 2012
north carolina
Another question, how exactly does the sprocket attach to the wheel on the left side? And what gear should I use for my rear wheel if I don't use a jackshaft and I want a cruising speed of 45-50?