Earth Crusher #0000001

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Why not both? When the batteries die, start the gas motor. That is a very nice frame, by the way.
Thanks. I welded a bunch of .065" steel tubes that I bent together, with nothing to look at or reference, and that's what I ended up with. Cost about $100 in steel tubes.

I did that already on my last bike but neither motor, by itself, was worth a crap. The price of that setup was insane for what it got me. So now I'm sticking a 14,000 Watt electric motor on that frame that is 4x the power of my last bike. If the frame doesn't explode that is. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I'm thinkin a GX120 or an electric start GX160 in addition to the electric motor would be the cats meow. It would be a purrrfect hybrid setup if money was no object.

It's lookin good, don't stop now....
Thanks. Yeah your right and both motors would most likely fit just fine. I'm just waiting on parts from China and drop-shipped parts from China. I'm always waiting on parts it seems like.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I agree with Scotto, a GX120 should fit easily.

Seems like you already have a gas tank on the bike.

My sidecar bike has a GX120 clone, 160 bucks from Home Depot:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/LIFAN-4-HP-118-cc-Horizontal-Shaft-Engine-LF160F-AQ/203281927?N=5yc1vZbxc9Z543

My bike probably weighs as much as yours does, and it will cruise at 30 mph with the 120cc engine.

B
Actually I need to see if my home grown frame is gonna be able to hold the 450 lbs of total weight (with me on it). I just have no idea what that frame is capable of withstanding just yet. It's ain't to trust a frame until you ride it hard. I don't want to be going down the road saying, "what the heII was that noise?" every 5 seconds. LOL

Last edited:

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
So load the ammo cans with bricks, strap a sandbag or 3 to the engine mount & launch it off a curb a few times.

I would want to know the frame was ok before I put 2k worth of batteries, motor & controller on it.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
So load the ammo cans with bricks, strap a sandbag or 3 to the engine mount & launch it off a curb a few times.

I would want to know the frame was ok before I put 2k worth of batteries, motor & controller on it.

I Agree with FFV8. Load it up and take it over a coulple good pot holes....see if that rear section holds up...
I rode it, Kamikaze style, down a flight of stairs. It had no affect on it. Next up is the stairs with just the motor mounted.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
The chainstays can't give way without the seatstay tubes going first and taking the chainstays down with it. I'm not sure what kind of force would make that happen though. Ooh, it makes me wonder, Ooh, it really makes me wonder...........LOL

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
You don't have seatstays, that's the problem. You should make some.

What you have is a "rack" The vector is not there between your butt and the rear axle.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
You don't have seatstays, that's the problem. You should make some.

What you have is a "rack" The vector is not there between your butt and the rear axle.
They're there, look closer. They're 1" diameter, Horizontal Seatstays.
They are pulling double duty but those tubes are double the normal size and thickness of what a normal bicycle has. That's my compensation for the lack of traditional seatstays. Whether or not it's enough compensation is now officially open for debate but since my @ss is literally test riding those tubes and their welds, My bike will ultimately have the last say of what it can withstand.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
The Left and Right Seatstays are also welded to each other in 4 places instead of the normal 0 or 1 place you see on a regular bike. What does that mean exactly? I have no idea......yet. It might be absolutely meaningless. LOL

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I know. We've been through this all before many times. You have big pipe and it's really strong. Good for you. Big pipe is where it's at. Big welds and big pipe. Strong.

You are still laughing and I'm done.

Good Luck!

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I know. We've been through this all before many times. You have big pipe and it's really strong. Good for you. Big pipe is where it's at. Big welds and big pipe. Strong.

You are still laughing and I'm done.

Good Luck!
I've already ridden down a flight of stairs with it and I didn't feel a thing and heard nothing. I was comfortably numb.......even with no suspension, other than the tires.

Say a prayer for me Mike!?! Don't leave me! One is the loneliest number! LOL

Last edited: