Earth Crusher #0000001

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Have you tried riding up that flight of stairs yet? Looks like the gearing might allow it....the strength to do it would be something else.....

dnut
I'm as old as you are......so that would be a big NO. LOL

I only got 14 PSI rear and 12 PSI front, so pedaling is only easy on flat ground.....even with the chainring you see.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I did a bunch of 2 foot drop tests by lifting the rear tire into the air and letting it freefall. I also jumped up and down on the pedals with my 190 lb girth. Neither did anything. Next I'll be building a ramp and and jumping that thing over a trashcan.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
So load the ammo cans with bricks, strap a sandbag or 3 to the engine mount & launch it off a curb a few times.

I would want to know the frame was ok before I put 2k worth of batteries, motor & controller on it.

I would stick bricks in the cans if they were empty, but they have unprotected electrical wires in them, especially the left side can. That ammo can has a 12V battery and the wires from the right ammo can feed into the left ammo can.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
i have looked at your frame a lot .i would not be scared of it at all even at 50 plus mph it looks very well made. most real motorcycles don't have frames that large and thick . drn2 .crt.
Thanks much. It feels more solid than my Felt MP ever did. If it implodes on me, I will be the first to let everybody know that it did........from my hospital bed. LOL

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I've been lurking here awhile and I have to say, I would not be scared to wail the snot out of that frame. It might not be quite as well triangulated, but those fat tubes will carry a LOT of load and your frame design is not THAT far off.
I've been a welder/fabricator for most of my life, and while I'm not trained in engineering design, I DO have a pretty darn good eye for failure points.
I don't see anything here that worries me a bit, even were you to bolt a 212 into this beastly leviathan.
I would suggest one design change though....
Add a towel rack to wipe off the drool every time you park it in public!

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I've been lurking here awhile and I have to say, I would not be scared to wail the snot out of that frame. It might not be quite as well triangulated, but those fat tubes will carry a LOT of load and your frame design is not THAT far off.
I've been a welder/fabricator for most of my life, and while I'm not trained in engineering design, I DO have a pretty darn good eye for failure points.
I don't see anything here that worries me a bit, even were you to bolt a 212 into this beastly leviathan.
I would suggest one design change though....
Add a towel rack to wipe off the drool every time you park it in public!
LOL Thanks Maniac. Am I scared of my unconventional frame? Sure I am a little. I'd be stupid not to ever forget that it was built by my hands. Am I scared enough not to ride it? Not really no. If I hear any metallic cracking noises over the silence of my electric motor then my fear factor will definitely go up a few notches. LOL

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
High and Low Beams off the handlebar switch are now connected to the headlight and 12V battery and working normally. Definitely a birds nest of wires in the left ammo can. I'll deal with that nest later. All brake, head and turn signal lights on the bike are now functioning. Relatively painless. Glad to be done with it though. Only the electric air horn remains to be done.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I know. We've been through this all before many times. You have big pipe and it's really strong. Good for you. Big pipe is where it's at. Big welds and big pipe. Strong.

You are still laughing and I'm done.

Good Luck!
I took the "LOL" out! Come on back now Mike!

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Wires, more wires. Really thick wires. Jesus help me.

What little welding skills I have don't fail me now. I got's more welding to do to make sure the motor doesn't decide to up and leave my bike for whatever reason.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I'm gonna sheath all those colored cables in black and run them straight up and straight over, hidden under the gas tank that now has a purpose, thus eliminating the need to shorten those cables and re-crimp connectors back on to those cable. It's just not something I feel like doing. Clean and innocent looking is my goal. laff

Cost as shown (tax + shipping - my labor): $2600

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
So this should be ready to go before the 18th of October?

Look forward to seeing it hit 70mph on the straight at the Grange.
It will be done by then for sure.

You mean 70 MPH on it's way up to 85, 90 or 95, maximum top speed? There's a new Sheriff in town, and you can't even hear him coming or going. LOL

At 5000 RPM, I'm showing 75 MPH with a 72 tooth rear 14 tooth front and 80 MPH with a 15 tooth, 85 MPH with a 16 tooth....... based on 2 separate calcs I found online. 95 MPH at 6000 RPM (max motor RPM) with a 15 Tooth sprocket. Searing electric motor heat and my ability to deal with it will be the ultimate decider in all the above. I simply can't calculate that factor beforehand.

http://www.crawlpedia.com/calculators.htm

http://www.csgnetwork.com/elecmotorspeedcalc.html