Where folks buying clutch pucks?

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
They're comming guys...I bought a 30 inch square sheet of 5/16" thick material from Carlisle over a month ago, ($165.00). Carlisle is a leading U.S. manufacturer of friction materials.

It is for a dry application...It is very wear resistant...These materials are classified in terms of thier ability to grab at various loads and RPM's...the material I chose, (based on a discussion with thier engineering department), should be perfect for the MB's. This material also has a high heat resistance.

I've got to make up a quick set of dies to punch them out...both the round and the trapezoid shapes.

The engines I got a year ago had fairly dense and hard clutch bits...similar to a linen based phenolic...now it's more like ground up underwear bonded with cheeze-whiz.

Jim

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
That will be nice. Mine (bought in late 2007) are made of old car tires, complete with steel and nylon fibers. The inside against the driven plate are shiny and smooth as a mirror. The outside against the floating "bell" are crusty and crumbly.

They need to stay in place, yet slide easily in the gear hub trapezoidal cutouts to grip both sides.

Down_South

Aug 28, 2008
North Carolina
I'm figuring $10 a set...they should last for ever.

Jim
Yeah buddy! Let me know when they are in stock! BTW I wanted to give you a positive feedback on the sprocket adapter! I can definitely feel the difference in overall performance as it has improved dramatically! I had to pop a new clutch on the bike to get it going again so I'll definitely want a set of pucks when you get them. KUDOS Jim!

joe-craft

Aug 6, 2008
hey guys if you get those clutch pucks done up i definitly want a set, with those and my clutch plate set up they will do absolutly terrific. cant wait.

Attachments

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
Ya I'm in line for clutch pucks too. I have one of your exhaust gaskets. It's perfect.

Hey Downsouth I'm curious about the reference to resistor plugs in your sig.

Last edited:

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
I'm figuring $10 a set...they should last for ever.

Jim
That's great... I'll be needing the trapezoid ones... My clutch pucks got soaked in oil when my oil seal popped out. I already tried washing the pucks with citrus degreaser, soap, and alcohol... But it still slips from time to time... :(

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
That's great... I'll be needing the trapezoid ones... My clutch pucks got soaked in oil when my oil seal popped out. I already tried washing the pucks with citrus degreaser, soap, and alcohol... But it still slips from time to time... :(
Ditto. Hurry up Jim!!!usflgxct2

I'm basically puckless. I just crank my pressure up and ride for a short time....mine are really crunchy....

Sep 7, 2008
Omaha,NE
I cant wait Creative E. !!! Me and my brother need a set of new non stock clutch pads for our bikes. My brothers engine is a gebee witch his clutch plate nuked its way thrue the cover plate. he is going to also need a replacement retainer screw for the star nut any ideas where we can pick up a set?

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
Any ETA on this? I'm afraid starting from a stop to often is going to burn up my clutch... but one of these should stand up to some abuse :D