Where folks buying clutch pucks?

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I'd love to buy some if CE has made them yet. No one sells round ones but boygofast and i dont do paypal. Fairacing, i made mine from tire sidewall but the rubber is too soft. I picked clumps out of the gears inside after 30 miles but i does work, doubt if it lasts long unless i wear down to a better surface.
Yeah, I thought about side walls and was looking at them and I do believe they will be too soft. I do have a huge section of a very large conveyor belt and it is a lot harder then a tire carcass. But it is thinner then my pads already.

I will be very proud if I can find something in my junk to work.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
why wont sombody tell the thickness of new clutch pucks,I've seen the question in several places here:confused:

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
I will measure some tomorrow.. That is the first thing i do to a new engine is tear it apart esp the clutch. the pads are always mashed into the holes i take them all out and tailor fit them so they float never ever ever ever had any clutch problems.

fritznbud

Aug 13, 2010
Westminster, SC
Corgi1, 3/16" are what my old ones are and they dont work anymore, i made 1/4" ones from sidewall rubber that grab and release perfectly. I also picked a bit of crumbled rubber out of my gears at the crank and clutch hub after a 30 mile ride.

fritznbud

Aug 13, 2010
Westminster, SC
Today, i installed a new set of round pads shipped from BGF. Rick personally called me for my visa info since i do not play the paypal, $10 to my door. Each pad must be sanded to fit, and i used a dremel to get a perfect round edge, very messy if your afraid to breathe the dust...i went for it and did a good nose-blow :) BGF even sent a extra pad. And they are 1/4" thick.

fritznbud

Aug 13, 2010
Westminster, SC
They have more bad news from people that have been "turned and burned" than any company should be allowed to. More lawsuits from doing wrong, keeping cash.....terrible paypal experiences from too many people.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Glad I can't get it too work for me ,I know I got about $7 one time long ago and couldn't get an account started,I sure that loss and sign up problem put me money ahead from the stories through the years,I hope they enjoyed their little 7 dollar theft

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
What happens if the PP acount denies access when there is a bunch of your money in their control ?