EZR's 2nd full suspension Project

GoldenMotor.com

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
In that case, I better tell dean to start crunching numbers! What's your opinion.
Should Dean make the frames only for the Morini Motors?

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
That is a top quality frame and the motor is a match but that is up to him. Both are probably past my budget now that I bought a Whizzer. I am trying to figure how I am going to build a frame for the Whizzer motor that uses some of Dean's and your ideas. I think if I were saving for a bike this would be one of the best to get just as you are setting it up.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I forgot to mention that we weighed the bike yesterday and it was 64 lbs with a full tank of gas.

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
Hmmmm....NO...My vote goes for making a HT engine frame too! ;-)

Just curious tho, the engine position seems to be a little higher than in most installs (does it make the bike feel any more top heavy?) or is it just an optical illusion caused by the bottom bracket without wheel stays attached to it?

Any ideas on price?

Thanks!

Andrew

PS - Video please! ;-)

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Andy, The motor isn't that heavy where a couple of inches is going to be a factor in the handling department. The bike is extremely easy to handle because of its overall weight.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
so between me and 50 dollers of groceries theres 300 pound plus at 27 mile an hour, swaying off true old school BMX bars
Ohhh Goat herder, That would be a sight to see!:D A 6 foot 250lb. man flying down the road on a bicycle with a bunch of white plastic grocery bags hanging off of his Old school BMX handlebars!(^)

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
Hi Easy,

The price is not bad BUT will a HT compatible frame be made available?...Also, where would one get the rear shock? are any particular brands / models recommended? HOw long to get a frame once ordered?

Thanks!

Andrew

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Hi Easy,

The price is not bad BUT will a HT compatible frame be made available?...Also, where would one get the rear shock? are any particular brands / models recommended? HOw long to get a frame once ordered?

Thanks!

Andrew
The frames are only for the Morini motors. As you can see. the HT motor will not fit on these frames. The HT frames will be a different project (which hasn't been started yet). As for the shock, its a regular rear shock that you can get one at any local bike shop or Ebay. The frames will probably be a 2-4 week. turn around time.

specialDFX

Aug 4, 2008
Venice, CA
Niiiiiiice.

I actually called Dean a while back for a quote on the motor, throttle and sprocket. Looks like I'll be able to order it all in a neat package.

Sign me up.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I thinking I would have to probly put my front end on this creation, what would the rest come to with pipe?

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
When it comes to pricing on the frame with certain parts, its best to contact Dean.
Hey Andy,
Dean said it wouldn't be too hard to make or convert the frame to fit a Happy Time Motor.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I just like watching the fabricating, its like the best movie you ever saw. I'm so jealous, I think you are going to enjoy that bike out in the hills. Have fun, Dave

skipu

Aug 6, 2008
New jersey
bad arse bike ez! man after my own heart ive got a couple more things to wrap up to finish mine just wanted to give props to your fab skills PEACE !!!!!!!

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Thanks Guys but Dean @ PipeLyne/ Santa Cruz Scooter Works deserves all the credit. Today I got a chance to ride it around a little and the bike screams on the mid and top. :eek: I'll try and make a video of it soon.
So what do you have in the works Skipu?(^)