Grubee GT5 Mounting Question

GoldenMotor.com

Elaia_Lychnia

Jul 15, 2011
Canada
Hey guys - I have just ordered a Firmstrong Urban Delux (stretch cruiser).

I am looking at getting a Grubee SkyHawk GT5 66/80cc motor kit for it.

For those of you who are familiar with this bike frame and motor kit, will I be able to mount this motor with the part that come with the kit, or will I need to modify something or get other parts?

I am totally new to this "hobby" and have never done anything like this before - I'm just a bicycle enthusiast and have decided to venture into this "new world!"

I would appreciate any advice or help you can offer.

Thanks.

droc089

Jun 25, 2011
ohio
It's definitely not gonna just fit right on to that frame, it needs to have a 70 degree v frame for the gurbee kit. I believe you need something like this: Chopper and Stretch Motor Mount.I suggest doing a lot of research or you'll be pulling your hair out.

droc089

Jun 25, 2011
ohio
Rear mounted kit would be easier, but more expensive. Your bike would look good with a 2 stroke though. I would suggest going for a thatsdax kit, from what I've heard good customer service and don't quote me on it, but probably better parts. I have the Skyhawk gt5 but kinda wish I woulda went dax. Do some research here on that frame and see what you come up with, look up Schwinn sting ray too. It's also a stretch frame bike.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama

Elaia_Lychnia

Jul 15, 2011
Canada
Well, I have already ordered the Firmstrong Urban Delux - it was a good price and a great looking stretch. Also, I saw this post - http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=22533 - Crazy Horse has a front mount motor on a bike of almost exact frame design.

I really want to do the front mount without spending a ton or pulling my hair out trying to build it.

Is there a specific location that the motor needs to be? (closer to the crank or closer to the front of the frame)?