Fasteddy in hospital...

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I just got an update from Steve's brother, John...

". He has to be on antibiotics, two bags a day for six weeks and he is also on antibiotic pills for the next ten months. He says, that he feels better, but to me his lower leg looks redder. He's talking about getting out of the hospital midweek, we'll see."

...so that sounds like progress. Now if he can just get out of there without picking up some kind of staff infection from the hospital. I guess the antibiotics should fend that off. He's still got both legs, something to be very thankful for.
SB
Hopefully he's still got three legs......like a tripod laff And don't say something like "at Steve's age"......still comes in handy when watering the bushes ;)

Humorous healing and rapid recovery Steve......hang tough!

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
The world would be a truly lovely place if things were done in response to human need instead of how much money it's going to make.
It would be nice to make war obsolete as well. It is both tragic and costly. And wasteful all the way around. Anyone who has read Sin Tsu's "The Art of War" recognizes just how badly most modern battles have been managed. If one reads closely, Sun Tsu actually advises AGAINST war as anything but a last resort. It is a burden on the state, on its people, especially if prolonged. And if managed with incompetence, it wastes one's trained soldiers - which is shameful! If war ever becomes an absolute necessity of defense, it is best when quick and well-planned, and a victorious, forgone conclusion. Sun Tsu, Miyamoto Musashi, and Machiavelli would have whole volumes of disparaging things to say about some of the latest examples of modern warfare. But I think they would have liked Schwartzkopf and Powell.

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
HI steve

glad to hear you got both of m working for you--- best support

war-- i forsee-- if not already having been active-- highly trained and deadly hit squads that will eliminate those dangerous/individuals -- threats-- by whose direction?????

eliminate the soldiering--and its expense-- but scary just the same!!!!

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Got an update from Steve's brother...

"Steve is ever so slowly improving, I think. He's on 3 bags of antibiotics a day and the oral antibiotics. He said, he might get out of the hospital midweek. I'm taking mom to the doc tomorrow, so we'll quiz him on the subject.
John"

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Thanks for the updates glad to here he is getting better! My heart and prayers go with you.

Miss your Humor and well placed incites....need you back to your old self buddy!!!

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Great news Steve!! I think Dan is the one who needs the antibiotics and probably some other meds. He's the one with Staff under his name and Candystripers on the brain. Do they still have Candystripers or did that go away in the mid 1900's? Hot nurses? Haven't been lucky enough to see any of those in the hospital either. I want to be sick where Dan and GearNut are.
Dan
I have to agree with tinsmith...
The nurses where I had my hospital stay were monkeybutt ugly and mean as ****! I think they do it to get people to leave sooner.
I RAN out when they released me, and I had a heart attack!

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Sorry I didn't get back to everyone sooner. I put a message on the Tavern and got involved with looking at all the bikes I'd missed while I was away and attending medical appointments.

It was very humbling when I got home and my brother said Silverbear had posted that I was in the hospital and there was a few replies. He likes understatements like that.

Thank you all for the prayers and kind comments. Boosted the old spirits when I needed it most. Three and a half weeks lying in bed tied to an IV bag isn't anyone's idea of joy but thanks to the dedicated doctors and nurses I won't be the perennial peg legged pirate on Halloween.

In a wheel chair for a while and a walker when I have to go somewhere but the leg is getting stronger. Painful but stronger. I have a P.I.C.C. Line that goes under my upper right arm and across my chest and into my heart following a vein. This is hooked up to pump and an IV bag in what looks like a fanny pack slung over my shoulder that pumps every minute with a small whirr-whirr. This goes on 24 hours a day until the end of the month as I understand it and then they will decide if I need more. They check my blood once a week to see if the white cell count is down. There are also 4 antibiotic capsules every day as well since this bacteria is hard to get rid of. They did say 10 months at first but that seems to have be misinformation thank goodness.

And yes the nurses were cute as can be and young. Many nationalities as well. They were all highly skilled and caring and put up with a lot of crap from my fellow patient but never once did I hear a raised voice.

Thank you all once again.

Steve.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hey Steve! So glad to see you and read that things are going in the right direction!

Please keep updating on your progress.

So good to see you Brodder

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hi Dan,

It's the old hurry up and wait. Of course I want total recovery now or I'll stamp my feet.
I probably won't know much until the end of the month. I have an appointment with a doctor who specializes in infections and he will have the final say in whether it is finished or not.

If I hear something I'll let you know.

Steve.

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
I have to agree with tinsmith...
The nurses where I had my hospital stay were monkeybutt ugly and mean as ****! I think they do it to get people to leave sooner.
I RAN out when they released me, and I had a heart attack!

<SNICKERING> LabRat is a Nurse irl - monkeybutt ugly omg! How ever it worked you 'ran' home healed! gwad I am laughing so hard monkeybutt ugly hahahaha

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Just got an email from Steve saying that he is done with the liquid antibiotics on the 27th, so that's a for sure sign of healing up. At a time of year when we are reminded to give thanks, this guy has more to be grateful for than most of us. He has once again ducked just in time to miss the grim reaper's blade.

You had me worried for awhile there, bud.

Steve's brother John sent this photo their mother snapped (she's a hundred years old, can you believe) of John transporting Steve to the hospital just about a month ago, I believe. Love the cyclecar, you guys!
SB

Attachments