Fasteddy in hospital...

GoldenMotor.com

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Good for you! Yes, one less thing to worry about.

There is always more pain with age. The new puppy likes to fetch tennis balls and it's good exercise for her so I've been throwing her balls for a half hour. My arm hurts.

When I was a kid I could throw balls all day and my arm wouldn't hurt.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
The knee, can they move and fret against the bone? I've had to have my screws removed from the iron bar in my leg, as they persistenly wore a litte bit of bone away due to different flex rates between bone and bar.

It's far better now, I could walk 3 miles, but was so shagged out when I got there I couldn't do anything. There is still a noticeable lump at the top pair of holes where the body kept tryng to repair the worn away bone.

Hopefully they'll work out what it is and fix it. It is not a recommennded form of entertainment, hurting.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Ludwig, I really don't know what could have happened for sure. The metal ends on the bones were literally hammered on and they had spikes on the inside for the bone to grow into.
They did replace the nylon block that the metal rides on but nothing was different until after bike camp ended and a severe case of eczema hit and the pain started. Now I know for sure that there isn't any infection I'll try exercising the knee a bit.

Steve.

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
sweet mercy, I hope it all pans out, worst case senario he comes out of it like the million dollar man right? all bioniced up ;)

Seriously though thats how my Grandpa went, a super serious knee infection coincidentally from slipping and falling when he was flushing a toilet with his foot in a hospital waiting room' I hope everything pans out, and he is back on the bike soon!

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hi Curt,

Just to get it off the velocar thread. Yes they are going to operate. It seems that there is no sign of infection thankfully but they think that something has come off where it should be and is causing the pain.

I guess the answer will show up when they get in there. Probably 5 to 6 months of recovery before I can walk properly again if ever. Chance that my next legs will be wheels due to the knee being opened and closed more times than an Off Broadway Play.

As always life is like a book. You get to the next chapter whether you want to or not. Thankfully it hasn't said THE END as yet.

Steve.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Bummer dude, surgery sucks.

Getting older sucks too but it beats the alternative.

Hopefully it's something mechanical in there that's the problem.

Otherwise you'll be an electric "mobility scooter" enthusiast eh?

All the best, Mike

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
That's not the best news but could be for the better. Modern med could fix that for good. I know my Mom had pins come lose and caused her bad pain until they took them out on her third broke hip. Fine after that.

Best of luck,and will pray for the good..............Curt

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Curt,

I'll get over this I'm sure. When they talk about dull pain and sharp pain I now know the difference. It feels like there are 8 ice picks in there fighting to see who's boss when ever I move my leg and I'm an innocent bystander.

Steve.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Mike,

They will know which scooter is mine. It will be the one with the V twin and the slicks. :)

Steve.
Yep for sure. 2 years ago went to the "Back to the 50's" and there was a guy that had a china girl engine on a wheel chair,was KOOL.............Curt

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
When do you go in for surgery? Has it been scheduled? Five to six months for recovery, eh? Sounds like motorbicycle summer camp for boys who never grew up is not a go this summer, which is a bummer. But most important is your healing up in whatever time it takes. Summer camp 2016 then.
SB