Bairdco Racing Series, September 15th at Adams

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Great to hear Thud.....I have not pm'd you back yet and glad you can make it! Have a safe trip and keep those windows rolled down......;)

dnut

Flip flop......I grabbed my son to be the 2nd driver for the trip.....I only have 1/2 power on the e-bike & a basket of parts to reassemble the china girl rat ride when i get out there......90% chance it wont run hehe.

I have riding credentials & gear, so I will gladley pilot any hoopty bike to make laps with just to be part of the event.

Thanks for the heads up on the heat Dutch....I'll thow the canopy in the truck.....my air conditioning doesnt work.

Scotto' disregard the PM....I will see how many engines I can collect on the trip out.
gotta load up & get rollig.

bajaracer1

Jul 11, 2012
Encino ca.
hey guys, i'm coming to the race tomorrow.

does anyone have a 26x2.5 maxis hookworm tire they want to sell me at the race? i have my stock tire that is not sticky enough. i would even be willing to buy a used tire. let me know...

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I'm finally all loaded and ready to leave! See everyone tomorrow!
Anyone know of a good cheap motel near by?

etard

Apr 9, 2011
Yucaipa, CA
Hey, Baja,

Since you are coming up the 215, right before you hit the 60 exit Eastridge ave and turn left.. Where that ends is Jensonusa, pretty much the biggest bicycle retailer in the US. They should have your tire (hmmm, now that I think of it prolly not in stock).

We have 3 running bikes, gotta say most excited to see if Thud can knock Baird off the track, should be a good battle tomorrow!

Gotta say, you guys put up with some serious BS on this site, can't find the frickin post button with all these ads everywhere (on my phone). There it is Droid and clear.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
bad news on the t-shirt deal...

i just spent about 2 hours on the design and the screen, had everything ready to go, and the #@?$!ing jar of ink i have is all dried up. i shouldn't have waited till the last minute, but with work and everything else i've been doing to get this race on, i just didn't have time.

i'm still going to give everyone shirts, but they're gonna get mailed to you after i make them.

sorry 'bout that... :(

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
dnutEpilog:
Thanks again Bairdco for the effort & another good time had by me & son #3out in the wild wild west.
Grady found the best thorn patch on the track to put on a loose chain in practice & we fixed flat tires all afternoon on that one LOL.

Mechanical hijinx followed me all weekend. I went for a 25 mile e-bike ride with a friend out in LA monday.....10 miles in I stripped the freewheel threads on the pedal chain (cheap chineese 5 speed freewheel) had to rely in batery power for the remainder of the trip through Venice Beach & onto the SantaMonica pier. Had a blast getting noticed on the "fat bikes"

these things are completely fun & actually very user friendly....the Surley
"pugsley" has a 14 speed rolloff speed hub in the rear wheel & a front hub drive I barely used the e-assist while riding that bike....the Big Black "Luna" has a rear hub drive & ton's of battery capacity (I striped the freewheel on that one) was amazed at how much fun these are in the sand...& more shocked at how street ridable they were...this will be my next "fun bike"

On the trip home we managed to get hit by an Elk coming through Az.

If we had caought it square, I prolly would not be typing this today...we got lucky (if you can call getting hit by a 600# cow Elk Lucky LOL) I had glass in my arms, mouth & pockets after the impact. Oddly enough I happend to be wearing my safty glasses at the time hehe.
Made the last 1500 miles home a drag for the passenger......time to break out the porta power & push the cab post back into position & get a new windsheild....no one will insure a 98 ranger so all I have is PL/PD coverage...$$:(
thats the breaks....looking foward to getting out to the track again & hanging with the gang.
Ciao' for now.
T

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Wow glad to see you can out of the elk deal OK ?? Could have been worse. Sorry to hear that. Didja at least get some meat out of the deal ??

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
G,
That was the 1st question the offcer asked me: "You claimig the animal?" (there was an off dutiy cop 1/4 mile behind us....he had the lights on already when we got stopped)
unfortunatly, the truck was loaded with 2 bikes & support equipment + 4 years of acumilated stuff from the boys marine dorm at PENDLTON. We we fully loaded & I didn't have so much as a box knife with me.
I do Hunt & proccess all my game at home though.looking foward to the bow season opening in 6ish days :)

Last edited: