Felt Cruiser Build......not for cruising

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey there Scotto,
I did have on question about your motor mount placement.......how do you fill the oil up on an oil change?......do you use less than what the motor calls for?....how has the motor done lubing itself being tilted like it is in the frame?

Awsome fab work...I want to put a CVT on my next build!
Well the Slant needed an oil change today (4th change since built), so this is how I drain the oil. Just start the engine on level ground and let it run till it's really warmed up.....5mins is plenty. Kill the engine and raise the rear end of the bike up on my fully extended bike stand and then remove the front oil filler cap and let it drain into a pan for an hour or so, even though 99% of the oil drains in less than a minute.

Then raise the front end up so the elevation of the front of the engine is higher than the rear and dump the fresh oil in and done. It's really painless and no mess if your careful.

The only thing besides the oil filler cap that needs to be removed is the exhaust stinger (one tiny screw) and thats it. The reason the CVT was removed is I was swapping out a few parts and install a new shaft on my home made jackshaft.

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/img1527aa.jpg/]
[/URL]

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/827/img1529cp.jpg/]
[/URL]
URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/img1530v.jpg/]
[/URL]

See you at the races on June 2nd and June 16th.........#3

dnut

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I was playing with the gearing today and found running 8.31:1 on my set-up with the CVT is a little too tall for the tracks we race on. On the cruise going down a slight hill I hit 65.1mph and was turning 5,760 rpm. That is plenty fast and that wasn't even full throttle...........gearing down now ;)

brnot

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I see more wheelies in your future. How cool. Sounds like you're on the right track. Turn to turn times should decrease considerably while passing speed increases making faster laps. If Iceman has no problems, it's going to be the race to watch, again.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I see more wheelies in your future. How cool. Sounds like you're on the right track. Turn to turn times should decrease considerably while passing speed increases making faster laps. If Iceman has no problems, it's going to be the race to watch, again.
I agree.........it is going to be the race to watch........again!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Had a great time at the races but a few mechanical probs that led to a DNF in the finals. Just gettin the bike back into shape for the next race on June 16th.....here's a short vid of how shes running today with the fuel line replaced.....gonna do a little re-jetting tomorrow just for kicks.

http://youtu.be/U4CJpiNAQ6A

dnut

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Had a great time at the races but a few mechanical probs that led to a DNF in the finals. Just gettin the bike back into shape......gonna do a little re-jetting tomorrow just for kicks.
Just got the pics from my photographer so here are a few of you.

Thanks for the ride in the pits. Too bad that your CVT broke but
that is racing. I would have loved to wring it out on the track after
the races. The 200 cc bikes are a blast to ride on the track and yours
pops wheelies off the line......

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thanks for the pics Neil, Jen wants to see some pics of my pet snake ;) I like pic 3 of me going down the straight.....you can see Baird on the sideline with the yellow shirt and the Japanese rice hat......love that hat!

More pics please!

.wee.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Where are all your race pics?
All my race pics.......... didn't know I took that many race pics? I only took a few of the one 2-stroke race and the rest must be lost in cyberspace. I do have a few pics of bikes in the pits.......where is my snake?

Where are all your race pics?

I was radared at 49 mph which beat your 45mph?

Do you wanna race? Is this a challenge? Is 49mph fast? :D

You ride like my Grandma......judging by the pics!

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
All my race pics.......... didn't know I took that many race pics? I only took a few of the one 2-stroke race and the rest must be lost in cyberspace. I do have a few pics of bikes in the pits.......where is my snake?
Here is a pic of someone holding one of the 2 snakes at the race.
Looks a bit like your your beer belly, Scott :D

Do you wanna race? Is this a challenge? Is 49mph fast? :D

You ride like my Grandma......judging by the pics
Fastest bike on the track was going 51 mph most laps with a 54 mph top speed.

Hey, my Grandma [If she was still alive] could beat your Grandma...

I always ride like a Grandma on other peoples bikes if they are nice
enough to let me take it out on the track.

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
rotflthe movie ''Snakes On A Plane''! Man this could be an interesting race! Snakes On A Race Track. Movie Quote I have it with these#$@!%^ Snakes.

Wut?:p heh heh