Harley 1915 Boardtracker

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I have a thought. TUV won't let you play on German roads. Can you register the bike in Belgium or somewhere legally and use it legally at home as a foreign motorcycle?

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
I have a thought. TUV won't let you play on German roads. Can you register the bike in Belgium or somewhere legally and use it legally at home as a foreign motorcycle?
I have never thought about that, not sure about the function of the brakes, and if it might be too dangerous for other european countries to get it registered there too. I think sufficient brakes should be existing with a heavy bike like my Indian, and this is certainly not the case...

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Almost looks special built frame. Very intresting.

Axel your bike is looking good also,as always wait and watch.........Curt

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Could be the begining of speedway racing style? he is wearing a helmet, maybe after they outlawed boardtracking ? who knows? probably Mr. B could shed some light on this style of bike

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Speedway grew out of racing on horse tracks in America, and the sliding techniques were exported to Australia, and used on the smaller oval dirt tracks of towns and cities.

Board track racing was never, as far as I understand it, outlawed, but permits were withdrawn in some places, in others the high running costs exceeded gate money, so that promoters either shut down early, or waited until the tracks had deteriorated and could not be maintained or repaired.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
The los Angeles Motordrome took 3,000,000 feet of rough cut 2x4's and 16 tons of nails to build. In the end the motordromes as they were called went from a 25 degree angle to a 60 degree angle as the motorcycle speeds increased.

After many racers died in the race's taking even more spectators with them both killed and injured since they would put the seating on the high side of the track, the papers began calling them murderdromes in the mid 1920's, and the public began to turn against them and as LudwigII said they began racing on dirt track which were cheaper and safer.

Steve.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
OutLawed,Banned what ever the case may be? some articles do some don't use either word to describe the demise of the boards,I thought we were try'n to figure out what exactly the particular use that the bike was designed for, since it doesn't resemble a boardie and the tank is almost microscopic, compare the upper rear frame stay as they meet up with drop outs, the arch seems to remenisent of a speedway bike(Roman Arch Theory)

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
All I can see is a nice young woman. I like the young lady, but where's the motorised bike?

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
Where Might a guy get a set of those 28" wheels like you have on the the indian?

Both Bikes have the same rims and tires:

Rigida alu rim v38 24-622 black 34mm dv( Artikelnummer: 27645277 ), 28", Indian with Sachs drum brakes, Harley without brakes
and
Hartje Zeppelin tires, 28" x 2,35 or 60-622

Both, tires and rims, were quite cheap.
Hope this helps...

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Do you have a spot/hook up on where to get them or do I just look up? can you provide a price reference? so one doesn't over pay

Last edited:

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
Do you have a spot/hook up on where to get them or do I just look up? can you provide a price reference? so one doesn't over pay
The Hartje tires are about 15,75€ a piece, check here:

http://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/2887860_-zeppelin-pro-breaker-hartje.html

the rims are here, about 16€ a piece on sale at the moment:

http://moobilo.de/fahrrad/felgen-c-723/rigida-alu-felge-v38-24-622-schwarz-2-34mm-dv-p-93429.html

the drums and spokes I bought at ebays, complete wheels from a used dutch bike, and I changed the dutch rims to the wider Rigida rims...

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Thanks! axle, that Moobilo is a great site and they have some cool lepper vintage styled springed seats, I think these would make some cool BTR bars for a Boardie,kinda mecanical looking.

Attachments