Any one wanna sell your NT?or trade for a CNS?

GoldenMotor.com

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
Hey, well, For the third time, I was sent the wrong kit from gasbikes.net. ordered there new silver slant (limited GB edition) I ordered it because it comes with the NT and not the CNS, I am building a customer bike and I hate hate hate using the cns on a bike that some one wants to just cruise around on. but like always, gasbike sent me a grubee kit instead and they tell me they are "sold out" of the gb editions and are subing in the grubee kits ( a great deal if anyone wants one, they are only $119). They dont have an NT to give me, and I dont feel like sending the kit back. So...... I would like to find an NT carb for cheap ( I know, they are like $20 new shipped, but I like to keep cost down) or, if you want to trade, I have the brand new, never installed CNS that came with my kit. let me know, thanks!!

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
Hey, well, For the third time, I was sent the wrong kit from gasbikes.net. ordered there new silver slant (limited GB edition) I ordered it because it comes with the NT and not the CNS, I am building a customer bike and I hate hate hate using the cns on a bike that some one wants to just cruise around on. but like always, gasbike sent me a grubee kit instead and they tell me they are "sold out" of the gb editions and are subing in the grubee kits ( a great deal if anyone wants one, they are only $119). They dont have an NT to give me, and I dont feel like sending the kit back. So...... I would like to find an NT carb for cheap ( I know, they are like $20 new shipped, but I like to keep cost down) or, if you want to trade, I have the brand new, never installed CNS that came with my kit. let me know, thanks!!
hello.. i have a stock NT carb.(not the NT speed carb) that i would trade for the new style CNS with bolt on filter. i have two CNS carbs with the blue, cone shaped clamp on filter and random hoses eveywhere. and im not a fan of them.

the NT i have has never been used. and i would like another new style CNS for a back up. let me know, and either way we can work something out.:)

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
my CNS is awesome so far, dunno why people don't like em.
the CNS #1 as i call it.. worked fine when it was tuned right..

what i dont like about the CNS #1 is, the clamp on air filter. i like all the options that the bolt on one has.. i can put my SBP HD air filter on my new CNS( CNS #2) and could use a covered one if need be. or even the NT filter.

also, the CNS #2 as i call it.. dose not have the random hoses. that saves me from sealing them off. that is what my friend running the CNS #1 did to get his running good.

it comes down to this.. i have the option to use either. and the CNS #2. locks the same as the CNS #1 but with no random hoses. and the option to use a wide range of different filters set the deal.

but hey, if its working good, why fix it? its not a bad carb. but if you want options for filters. and no guessing what the tubes are all about? then the CNS#2 is a better option.

carb pics- http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=28032

Last edited:

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
yeah i think i got the #2 as you're referring to it, the one with the red block on the back that comes with the grubee kits, mine works well as far as i can tell, i can't idle the bike very much but i think thats just me not setting it properly.

maybe if i tried an NT i'd notice some difference but so far my cns is working fine.

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
yeah i think i got the #2 as you're referring to it, the one with the red block on the back that comes with the grubee kits, mine works well as far as i can tell, i can't idle the bike very much but i think thats just me not setting it properly.

maybe if i tried an NT i'd notice some difference but so far my cns is working fine.
yeah, the CNS #2 as i call it comes stock with a red covered filter.. and is the one id go with. i have got 2 grubee gt5 kits. and each has come with a different carb, intake, hardware and head bolt sizing. also other minor changes, such as the clutch are has a built in cable stop... other then the brass thing with the screw holding it in.

the new one has the lock screw right on the arm.. i think its nice, but making major clutch wire adjustments will be harder..

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Got an NT carb with 78 miles on it works perfectly. I'll sell it for $7 plus S and H, which to PA will prolly be cheap, PM me if interested :)