12 volt power from chinese 4 stroke grubbie or similar and going SB jackshafts on 4 s

GoldenMotor.com

markfeeney

Jun 21, 2012
Hanoi Vietnam
Hi everyone, I have just ceased my 2 stroke due to wrong oil mix. Before that I was trying to get 12 volt power from the little beast.

I have been looking at ust going to 4 strokes, there seems to be reasonably priced chinese engines about, and they seem to pull like trains and I might even be able to alter my SB Jackshaft if that extended peddle that come sin the kit clears the engine.

if I can get 12 volt or at least a decent power supply to run 8 volt LEDs I think I will make the change.

can I get some brutal if necessary feedback from the forum

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Re: 12 volt power from chinese 4 stroke grubbie or similar and going SB jackshafts on

What was on your bike to run it before?

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Re: 12 volt power from chinese 4 stroke grubbie or similar and going SB jackshafts on

Here is what I just did: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=49356 This setup would work on just about any bike. You can mount your generator the normal style, rubbing the tire sidewall instead of the top of the tire. I simply chose to mount mine the way I did because I got the generator secondhand without all the mounting hardware.

markfeeney

Jun 21, 2012
Hanoi Vietnam

nothing that worked. i was trying to get power from thechinese 2 stroke magneto,, and power amplifier and a hep of bits and pieces. so ditched it an was maind charging the battery.
I ceased the engine due to wromg oil fuel and havnt tried to get a re build kit yet.

Thinking abut just gettinga 4 stroke and be done with it.
SOme guy has put ona bottle generator and a power pack to rear wheel..
I now wondering if a bottle genarator could be adapted to run of the drive train.

Just looking for the post for the bloke who mentioned it