4G T Belt Drive Installation Problems BlowByU Is Here For You

GoldenMotor.com

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Hi Terry,
I have another request. Could you post an overhead picture of the 4G for the Honda 5/8" shaft with a ruler in the photo to show how wide it is? Thanks.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I wish I could I will have to wait for a customer to send me a pic of that. I myself have not seen one as yet. They just came out a few weeks ago

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
Terry... we talked about the GT2... I am pumped on both the GT1 and GT2... I’m only concerned now with the sprockets.... they are smaller than the stock 50T that comes with the G4.... will that not make the 11T drive sprocket getting chewed to $#^t problem worse? or is it possible to easily change the sprocket that comes on the bike? thanks again... can’t wait to get a few of those

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi Hunter
Yes on those bikes they come with a 44 tooth and if get the combo deal you get the 50 tooth as well and they change up fairly easy. The problem with 11 tooth is not that common but they do go and the problem lies with the crappy metal that is used when making the parts. If you go with a 44 tooth you can always switch to a non free wheel 10 tooth out put and rely on the HD axle on the bike it has a free wheel problem solved and the parts are very inexpensive to switch
Terry

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I do that now with my stock 4G and my bike 115 lbs and I am 250 lbs. But you are worried about it so I will break this down for you using my Ratio calculator. Stock 4G has 5:1 ratio with a 11 tooth and 50 tooth rear @ 9700 RPM gives you 33 mph.
Now GT1 & GT2 both come with a 44 tooth free wheel no need for a free wheel at the trans so I will break it down with the calculator.
5:1 ratio with a 10 tooth and 44 tooth rear @ 9700 RPM gives you 34.1
And now you don't have a free wheel in the 11 tooth because the GT1 or GT2 has one at the rear sprocket. Weak link NOT problem solved

freewheelsprocket-hdaxle-wbrake.jpg this is a pic of the HD free wheel

17.jpg and the is a pic of a HD and free wheel installed

Here is a video of my MP starting out with out pedaling and it has the 11 tooth free wheel
YouTube - 2010 Gas Powered Felt MP Day time test run

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Oh and for those people that think Huasheng engine won't rev that high I have a stock 4G and I get 35 MPH confirmed with a GPS.
That has 5:1 with 11 tooth output 50 tooth rear sprocket now use the calculator and figure out the RPM and find out for your self here is the link again for the calculator

Index of /ratiocalc

broHSI

Jul 27, 2009
USA, CA
Oh and for those people that think Huasheng engine won't rev that high I have a stock 4G and I get 35 MPH confirmed with a GPS.
That has 5:1 with 11 tooth output 50 tooth rear sprocket now use the calculator and figure out the RPM and find out for your self here is the link again for the calculator

Index of /ratiocalc
10,100 RPM if you have a 26.5" diameter wheel

Hi Terry,

Not sure what motor you are using but our HS or Honda motors don't rev to 10,000 RPMs. My EZ bike is geared 15.48 X 1 and my tackometer reads 8700 @ 40 MPH with 24" wheels. My 26" test bike is also geared 15.48 X 1 and it touches 40 MPH @ 8000 RPMs.

If you are geared @ 5.54 in the secondary [50/11], and 5 X 1 in the primary [using American math] the final ratio would be 22.72 X 1. 22.72 X 1 @ 35 MPH the motor would be turning at least 10,300.

Maybe the front isn't 5 X 1 or your GPS might need to be checked. If your numbers are correct I fear for your motors life.

Are you using 30" wheels?
Do you have a tachometer installed?
Keep us posted on your findings.

Have fun,

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I have 26 inch tires Trans is 5:1 front sprocket is 11 rear spocket is 50 and I am getting confirmed 35 MPH with GPS and I do not run my engine at that RPMs. That is a top speed run I only cruz at between 25 and 30 MPH.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I just did the ratio calculator again and it may be full of carp but it says 5:1 with 11 tooth output 50 tooth rear and 26 inch wheels and 35 MPH comes out to 10300 WOW can you say KABOOM.

Hey Taco glad to hear you like the 4G did you ride one of the ones I sold to Justin at Pirate Cycles ???
I really like what you guys have been doing with the PK80s and 2 strokes I always said that your not really making power until you have a reed block and tuned expansion chamber and the porting is sweet too I heard you guys are even doing needle bearing in them as well keep going the way you guyz are your going to be able to give the Morini 2 strokes a good run. Keep up the awsome work I'm loving it

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
And before I switched to 26 inch wheels I was using 24 inch with the same engine and trans exactly I was getting 30 MPH top speed and that was confirmed with a car speedo.
I am not BSing that is just the facts that I can tell you that I saw with my own eyes