Flying Merkel anyone ??

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Yes!!!! Flying Merkels are freaking awsome, thats why I had to have one, still need to put it together and I am picky about what goes onto and into my bikes.
This bike was built by Adam Montanye at RadRockets in the Az this is probably the best! looking repop Merkel M/B you'll ever see

Attachments

Last edited:

K-dregg

Apr 20, 2010
Sweden
Yes!!!! Flying Merkels are freaking awsome, thats why I had to have one, still need to put it together and I am picky about what goes onto and into my bikes.
This bike was built by Adam Montanye at RadRockets in the Az this is probably the best! looking repop Merkel M/B you'll ever see

You should take a look at this thread.. Really amazing stuff.. :)

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
A Chinese PK80-69.5/80cc
Re-surfaced and swirled head
Ported-intake and exaust
Custom intake
CNS-carb high pro
Jaguar cdi/coil
fat cat baffel pipe
other thing's like Duro cream colored 26x2.125 brick tires, Gyes leather springed seat, Vodoo/Schorcher btr handle bars, PV bear trap alloy peddles,Chromed cables,rear half fender,Manic Mechanic adopter with 40t sprocket, Nickel plated peddle chain and a good ol' can of whip @$$
Thanks! for the good word

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I saw that Flying Merkel on the American Picker web site and it would make a EXLNT restore project however it is a street motorcycle but what makes it so cool is that it has rear shocks,the Flying Merkel was a very innovative Co. with inventions such as front & rear shocks and mechanical designs that are still used today in and on modern day bikes like the Mono Shock.
Thats why I love a Merkel, Thats why I bought a Merkel

charliechaindrive

Sep 3, 2011
minnesota
Yep at a swap meet some gy had a actual merkel tank for sale for like 300$ but you just about could stick your finger throught it. So he realy dident sel it too fast

bird

Dec 5, 2011
prunedale, CA
She's a beaut! The frame totally gives you that merkel vibe, I love the bars too.. If you end up using btr bars I'll most deffinitely want to buy the old ones:D

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Great looking tribute!

I just gotta give it a try (when I sort through the other extended projects) so I can find out why folks mount the engines so high when they are fabbing, instead of setting up with the crank below the BB level, like on the board trackers. Much btr center of gravity.
Best
rc

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I'm having the head tube re-worked, if you notice its not set at the right angle, so my buddy Dan at Taylar bikes is reworking it for me , not much of a big change but big enough that it will make a huge difference, Dan is so swamped right now with builds I'll just have to patient, but this is one that motivates me highly, the bars are Voodoo Scorchers and can also be used for a Harley tribute bike as well as others, you can go to google and type in the name brand and find out where to get them, I got mine at universalcycles.com for $40.oo
Hey has any one ever seen a Comet BTR they are very similar to the old Merkels check it out do a search for em, there cool!!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Dig'n up an ol thread.....
Well I'm gonna pick up the Merkel tomorrow from Dans and start to do some body work at the same time I pick up the Merkel I'll be dropp'n off the Indian for Tank, Oil box, fender & saddle struts, the Merkel will be a fun build, to bad the guy I paid for "Flying Merkel" stickers ripped me off, now I'll have to not only pay twice for them but find someone else to make them.
I'll start posting sometime before the end of the month

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Dig'n up an ol thread.....
Well I'm gonna pick up the Merkel tomorrow from Dans and start to do some body work at the same time I pick up the Merkel I'll be dropp'n off the Indian for Tank, Oil box, fender & saddle struts, the Merkel will be a fun build, to bad the guy I paid for "Flying Merkel" stickers ripped me off, now I'll have to not only pay twice for them but find someone else to make them.
I'll start posting sometime before the end of the month
Finally!!!!!!! I thought my bikes took a long time LOL.

Just kidding with you, ive heard about this bike for a long time and look forward to seeing it, you must be excited to be picking it up.

Just dont wait too long to post, dont start a thread when your bikes already done, keep a thread and record it all, most of us want to see every step of the process and it helps others a lot.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I think I'll call the thread "thinking of Harry" LOL yha I can't waite, the reason it took so long is it has been at Dans for a while and not! because he couldn't get to it but rather because I couldn't get to him, Had some health issues, got over that then family issues(kids),got over that then just working really! really! hard to recover from the holidays,also bought a new truck well 21 yr old truck with only 40,000 miles on it so I've been playing with that rims stereo ya know cool things.

Last edited:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I would be truly honoured if you named the thread in my honor truckd LOL, just keeping you motorvated :)

Ill be looking forward to it.

Sorry to hear about your problems, hope its all sorted now