MY KIT IS HERE! (advices and tips before installation)

GoldenMotor.com

albert H

Feb 14, 2014
Madrid
Hello guys!

Finally I get my 60cc 2 stroke kit. At the end I ordered it to Petrol Scooter (only dealer in Europe). I will going this afternoon to a friend's bicycle repair shop to assemble it and test it. Any suggestion?

Here are some pics of the "unboxing" :)

I feel like a kid at Christmas!!

Three small boxes inside the big one: motor, gas tank and the rest of the stuff

The first box: MOTOR & SPROCKET (not sure if it is the right word)

This is my chinese girl, is it not pretty?

albert H

Feb 14, 2014
Madrid
The second box: GAS TANK

Be careful with the little screws inside!

And the last box:

Now that's optimize space

albert H

Feb 14, 2014
Madrid
and also includes a user's manual:

This afternoon I will take lots of pics of all the process! But first... I need some tips, I want to make as few errors as possible :)

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Check the tank is clean on the inside.
locetite the studs.
remove covers and grease gears and clutch buck bar
Check that all preassembled nuts and bolts are tight.
Check that the engine seals have been put in square.
If you can match port inlet and exhaust manifolds as well as gaskets.
I would take the head off and check for cleanliness inside motor.
If feeling confident I would also take the barrel off and check the rings and gudgen clips.
Personally I totally disassemble the motor and replace the Chinese main bearings, tidy up the ports, clean everything, check everything and reassemble, although this may be beyond some peoples confidence.
Lap the head,
Tension the head,
Replace the electrical conectors with quality automotive ones or solder the wires.
Replace the spark plug wire and boot.
Replace the spark plug with B7HS.
Is this what you were after?

albert H

Feb 14, 2014
Madrid
Check the tank is clean on the inside.
locetite the studs.
remove covers and grease gears and clutch buck bar
Check that all preassembled nuts and bolts are tight.
Check that the engine seals have been put in square.
If you can match port inlet and exhaust manifolds as well as gaskets.
I would take the head off and check for cleanliness inside motor.
If feeling confident I would also take the barrel off and check the rings and gudgen clips.
Personally I totally disassemble the motor and replace the Chinese main bearings, tidy up the ports, clean everything, check everything and reassemble, although this may be beyond some peoples confidence.
Lap the head,
Tension the head,
Replace the electrical conectors with quality automotive ones or solder the wires.
Replace the spark plug wire and boot.
Replace the spark plug with B7HS.
Is this what you were after?
Yes, is what I was looking for. LOTS OF THANKS!

An engineer friend is going to help me with all but I think that the experience is better than the theory

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
When you install that engine on the bike, make sure it stays exactly where you put it.

Sometimes the frame doesn't fit the size of the motor mounts perfectly. Newbies can make the mistake of thinking, "Well, it's probably good enough". I've done it.

But an engine that leans over or otherwise moves on the bike is a huge headache just waiting to happen. It sometimes does damage.

If you tighten those motor mounts and the fit is not perfect, then come on back here. We'll have suggestions.

I remember 'feeling like a kid at Christmas'. I'll bet others here do as well. Have fun with it.

albert H

Feb 14, 2014
Madrid
When you install that engine on the bike, make sure it stays exactly where you put it.

Sometimes the frame doesn't fit the size of the motor mounts perfectly. Newbies can make the mistake of thinking, "Well, it's probably good enough". I've done it.

But an engine that leans over or otherwise moves on the bike is a huge headache just waiting to happen. It sometimes does damage.

If you tighten those motor mounts and the fit is not perfect, then come on back here. We'll have suggestions.

I remember 'feeling like a kid at Christmas'. I'll bet others here do as well. Have fun with it.
Thanks friend! I will put much attention to securing the motor to be perfect.

I have just remember that some time ago I read that it was good to do the gaskets templates. I'm planning to scan all the gaskets. Is it important or doesn't matter? How many gaskets are?

rhodeisland

Oct 30, 2012
Rhode Island
Take all of the machine screws bolts and nuts to a good hardware store and size them up for replacement with higher grade (harder metal) fasteners.
While your at it get higher grade lock washers.
I give this advise to everyone that builds these kits . A local mechanic told me that he now understands what I meant after stripping threads and snapping bolts.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I always pull the jug on new engines and rinse out the crankcase with some clean fuel mix. I've had some serious junk come out of factory new engines! Check the wrist pin circlips are fully seated and the ring end gaps are properly placed towards the rear of the cylinder. I have seen pistons installed backwards and rings jammed and broken. Easy to check it before starting if you pull the top end.
Gasket match the intake and exhaust and trim the piston skirt for intake flow, lap the head for better sealing and more compression if desired.

Last edited:

albert H

Feb 14, 2014
Madrid
thanks to all! Yesterday was a hard day, I learnt a lot of engines. The bike is starting to look like something but we didn´t finish yet.

I don´t know if I should open a new thread or post here all the process... maybe better open a new thread . Later I will link here the thread.

See you!

zpt

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I have just remember that some time ago I read that it was good to do the gaskets templates. I'm planning to scan all the gaskets. Is it important or doesn't matter? How many gaskets are?
A good point!

You definitely want to improve the gaskets. The ones in these engines are very poor.

The magneto and clutch covers are pretty critical. Water in those places will cause you grief.

What I do is take off the covers and throw away the gaskets. I make a new gasket by laying a bead of silicone caulk material on the edge of the covers.

Bolt it back together, let it sit overnight and you're on your way.