Socal Motor Bicycle Racing @ Willow Springs May 30, 2015

GoldenMotor.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
And please note everyone on motorized vehicles at this race......go as fast as you want on the race track, but keep your speed down to

5 MPH in the pits!!!

I cannot stress this enough and am not trying to be an authority or ass about this but at every race I've been to people want to show off, wheelie and go bullistic racing up and down pit row......please don't do it cuz it's un-cool and innocent bystanders could get seriously hurt or killed! Please understand this and use your head......thank you.
You have always had the option to help out and tell speeders to cool it but I usually have to do it which has gotten old.
Yes, definitely looking for some help running the races cause this one man team is getting tired.

Anyway you are preaching to a small audience here.....

REQUIRED SAFETY EQUIPMENT:

FULL FACE DOT rated helmet or better like Snell.
No bicycle helmets.
No novelty motorcycle / skateboard helmets without DOT certification.

Eye protection.

Adequate Gloves. No bare hands.

Knee and elbow pads or Full Leathers or Motocross Gear.

If you wear a heavy leather jacket you don't need elbow pads.

Long pants, no shorts or exposed skin please.

Ankle protecting & supporting footwear or boots.

No alcohol or drug consumption if you are riding on the track.

The pit road speed limit is 5 mph and will be STRICTLY ENFORCED.

A Back Protector and Shoulder Padding is Highly Recommended.

A DOT helmet is required by California law to ride a
gas powered motorized bicycle or Moped on the streets.
All levers such as brake and clutch must have ball ends.
Handle bars must have plugged ends.
All items like mirrors, side stands, any part that can stab you must be removed.

All race bike must have adequate front and rear brakes.

Kill switch and a throttle that is spring loaded to close.

All entries must have functioning pedals.

No multi speed shiftable Motorcycle engines.

No Motorcycle or Moped tires.
Bicycle tires only.

All 4 strokes must have oil catch cans if the breather tube
doesn't recirculate into the motor.

7.999 HP is the limit on the Midrange Class

11.999 HP is the limit on the top race Class.

Unlimited Class is over 12 HP
No water cooled 2 stroke 80cc / 125cc kart motors.

Exceptions can be made to these few rules upon request.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Good Evening Racers,

After 3 consecutive late nights in the shed, I have come up short on solving my chain alignment/chain throwing issue. On test runs, the secondary chain won't stay on for more than 100 yards. I believe I have narrowed it down to a flexing jackshaft axle, but the fix would require a jackshaft mount replacement and bearing replacement. I'll figure it out someday, but not by this weekend.

Scotto, thank you very much for the offer of a race bike, but I must decline your offer. I just don't feel right about taking the mid-range race away from you. The mid-range is much more populated and competitive. It seems much more fun than the unlimited race where you race only one or two other bikes.

So everyone enjoy yourself, and remember, you don't know the limit until you go a little over the limit.

Gilbert

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Good Evening Racers,

After 3 consecutive late nights in the shed, I have come up short on solving my chain alignment/chain throwing issue. On test runs, the secondary chain won't stay on for more than 100 yards. I believe I have narrowed it down to a flexing jackshaft axle, but the fix would require a jackshaft mount replacement and bearing replacement. I'll figure it out someday, but not by this weekend.

Scotto, thank you very much for the offer of a race bike, but I must decline your offer. I just don't feel right about taking the mid-range race away from you. The mid-range is much more populated and competitive. It seems much more fun than the unlimited race where you race only one or two other bikes.

So everyone enjoy yourself, and remember, you don't know the limit until you go a little over the limit.

Gilbert
Gilbert, I am truly sorry to here about your dilemma here......wish I had an answer for you. On the other hand you would be relieving a lot of unnecessary pain on this old body by racing the mid-range class on this 99cc bike so I could play in the unlimited class and maybe hang with the small competition. Now I am thinking how much easier it is packing one less bike when you are limited to a 4-runner and my kids won't be able to attend this race this time around.....prior obligations.

Are you sure you don't want to race the little Predyno? Let me know bro.....

scotto-

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Oh and disregard my previous post about 5mph in the pits.......40mph will be acceptable I think.I am not the law maker!

I was just preaching to a small audience here.....

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Oh and disregard my previous post about 5mph in the pits.......40mph will be acceptable I think.I am not the law maker!

I was just preaching to a small audience here.....
Scotto I agree with you 100% on the 5mph. It is annoying as heck and I've seen a kid at a goped race hit a mother walking back to her pit after her son raced. The kid hit her so hard, she broke a couple of ribs and had a massive bruise on her leg.

I think it should be preached at the riders meeting because if there's a car race this weekend, you know that's going to piss them off as well.

Just following your lead.
Next year, I'll be back in the saddle again.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Gate Closes 10pm Friday 29th!

Socal Motor Bicycle Racing at WILLOW MAY 30th 2015 Schedule

Gate open at 6:30am for Registration, Sign Waiver, Payment, Wrist Bands.
$10 GATE PASS for All Racers, Spectators, Pit Crew: Kids 12 and under FREE
$35 RACE ENTRY FEE: $0 2nd RACE CLASS: $5 YEARLY Membership:
$15 New track rider for track riding during morning practice and lunch hour Only.

Practice on Track: 7.10am - 9.20am We are running the track COUNTERCLOCKWISE.
Everyone off the track for RACERS MEETING on Bleachers: 5 MPH SPEED LIMIT IN PITS!
9:30 -9:50 All Racers and track riders must attend Promptlly! thanks.
10:00 GROUP PHOTO'S

Heat ONE: #: 6 Laps + 1 warm up lap
10:15 - 10:25 (1) MidRange + Auto MotoPeds + eBikes
10:25 - 10:35 (2) GoPED HARD Tire 4 Laps + 1 warm up lap
10:35 - 10:45 (3) BEGINNER (48cc - 69 cc aka "80" China Girl) + 50 cc 4 Strokes, Friction
10:45 - 10:55 (4) GoPED SOFT Tire 4 Laps + 1 warm up lap
10:55 - 11:05 (5) Novice & Expert (66cc - 69 cc aka "80" China Girl)
11:05 - 11:15 (6) GoQUAD karts 4 Laps + 1 warm up lap
11:15 - 11:30 (7) 11 hp + UNLIMITED CLASS + Fast Motopeds+ eBikes

Heat TWO: #: 6 Laps + 1 warm up lap
11:30 - 11:40 (1) MidRange + Auto MotoPeds + eBikes
11:40 - 11:50 (2) GoPED HARD Tire 4 Laps + 1 warm up lap
11:50 - 12:00 (3) BEGINNER (48cc - 69 cc aka "80" China Girl) + 50 cc 4 Strokes, Friction
12:00 - 12:10 (4) GoPED SOFT Tire 4 Laps + 1 warm up lap
12:10 - 12:20 (5) Novice & Expert (66cc - 69 cc aka "80" China Girl)
12:20 - 12:30 (6) GoQUAD karts 4 Laps + 1 warm up lap
12:30 - 12:40 (7) 11 hp + UNLIMITED CLASS + Fast Motopeds+ eBikes

LUNCH BREAK - 1 HOUR Only!
Practice and Cruising on the track is allowed during lunch.
12:40 - 1:40 TRACK CRUISE & GROUP PHOTO!!!!

FINALS: #: 10 Laps + 1 warm up lap
1:45 - 2:05 (1) MidRange + Auto MotoPeds + eBikes
2.05 - 2:25 (2) GoPED HARD Tire 6 Laps + 1 warm up lap
2:25 - 2:45 (3) BEGINNER (48cc - 69 cc aka "80" China Girl) + 50 cc 4 Strokes, Friction
2:45 - 3:05 (4) GoPED SOFT Tire 6 Laps + 1 warm up lap
3:05 - 3:25 (5) Novice & Expert (66cc - 69 cc aka "80" China Girl)
3:25 - 3:45 (6) GoQUAD karts 6 Laps + 1 warm up lap
3:45 - 4:05 (7) 11 hp + UNLIMITED CLASS + Fast Motopeds+ eBikes
4:15 - 4:30 ULTIMATE RACE for the fastest bikes & GoPeds

5:00 pm Please Promptly come to the TROPHY CEREMONY

THANKS FOR COMING! :)
See You At The Next Race at GRANGE MOTOR CIRCUIT Sat OCT 17TH
Info at [email protected]

POST Your Photo's & Video's: :)
PLEASE JOIN !!! www.facebook.com/groups/SocalMotorBicycleRacing

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Looks like my bike will be MIA this round. Bike is ready but Chris left already.
Good luck everyone and be safe!

agk

Oct 2, 2010
Santa Barbara CA
Had a great time at Willow Springs. We had warm weather, good people and some fun racing action.

Here we have Blayze #80, Scotto #3 and Nashmoto #98

Blayze is leading the pack of unlimited bikes into the first turn.

My 8 year old son is in trouble so he had to miss the race. I found this 8 year old riding a bicycle around in the pits and asked him if he wanted to ride our custom built pocket bike. He put in several laps during practice, during the lunch break and after the races.

Blayze is having some fun on our little 49cc pocket bike.

agk

Oct 2, 2010
Santa Barbara CA
Here's a little teaser clip of the first lap of the ultimate race (I believe that's what it was called). Our output sprocket on the jackshaft worked it's way loose and threw the chain so the AGK unlimited bike was unable to finish this race. The announcer asked people to kick in some money for the winner and collected $50. Scotto pulled out the win and collected the $50 in prize money. Paid for some gas for Scotto's trip from San Diego!

Flügelwagen

Mar 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Good times in Rosamond yesterday. It was good to see the usual faces as well as the newcomers. I'm terrible with names, but I think Aaron is riding the moped in that pic...I also enjoyed talking with Sanders, and Phillipé was chill and shared his pump.

It was a tough day for the electric crew, but I hope the Louisiana contingent, Shaun and Sydni, continue to compete with their fast fat-bikes. Corbin and David helped support me and Neil as well.

Riders Meeting

Middleweight heat three shortly before my blowout...

Only Scotto could beat the mopeds in the Unlimited Class.

Ultimate Race

Andy, Scotto, and Nash comprise the Mount Olympus of Motorbicycle Racing.

Scotto and Nash provided the lube and tube I neglected to bring, and Andy expertly avoided me in heat three when I crashed right in front of him, so big thanks to each of you. And, of course, thank-you to Neil for organizing a fun event.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
the three amigos, ''lead don't follow is their game''. hey, i see some shirts in the future.

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
the three amigos, ''lead don't follow is their game''. hey, i see some shirts in the future.
When these shirts become available, I'll take a Large in black, with the graphics on the back and a small pocket logo on the left front :D

Thanks Dennis......now tell Neil to get on with it! $20 a shirt should profit someone, somewhere along the line. This is not meant to be a Swap and Shop post so please don't take this seriously as such as I am only joking here.......;)

On the other hand, I can't think of any two Amigo's greater than Andy or Brian in any aspect of life......two of the humblest, most talented and most awesome guys you will ever meet at the track or anywhere else in motor bicycling! Anyone who knows them or has met them will tell you exactly the same thing........they both ROCK!

There are a few others for sure, and you know who you are and as long as Neil will promote these races I look forward to attending and hanging out with all of you at each and every event I can.......see ya next time!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
More pics and video anyone? I realize this isn't FacePlant (facebook), but c'mon!!!

I witnessed both of the racers standing beside me in this last pic...

with GoPro's and other cams mounted all over their bikes, helmets and all around the track with red lights blinking the whole time so lets see some footage.....you don't want the wrath of Buba coming down on you.....do ya?

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey guys,

Well I guess this will serve as even more incentive to get my bike ready to race again. Not too many pictures of this race, I really enjoy the action photos of people diving into the turns.

I hope everyone had fun, I missed being a part of it.

Gilbert