• i dunno

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • its put there by the chinese to mess with us

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
It's an old debate but I have never seen a vote on this. I fall on the side that its for the light. Other fall on the side that its for the kill.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
the way my manual says and the color of the wires the white is for the kill switch,sure i could hook up a light to it too but the my manual doesnt say it.but anyway its not much power for lights.i wouldnt want to be roadkill.
i prefer a small 18v rechargable battery$18 and a couple of 12v car lights in series$10.
quick 1hr charger$20
the web sites that say to use the blue wire are the ones that sell engine kits with diffrent color wires that match it like that.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
do the lights flicker or do they stay lit at a steady light?
i wouldnt want strobe lights on my bike if you know what i mean,i dont need attention drawn to me.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Both?? at the same time? Please splian? Got a diagram handy??

I like the fact that both are right is winning! Shows a really good attitude!!
The power wire for the light goes to the white wire

Ground for the light to frame

I use a atv kill switch so the lead for the switch goes to the white wire

then the switch has a ground that goes to the frame

When I want to shut the motor off with light on or off I just hit my kill switch..... simple and easy

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i used my white wire for one of normans headlights. it was as bright as a car light and i was very happy with it. i have a 4 stroke titan now that dosnt have a white wire which i wish it did. i never have used the white wire for a kill switch

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
I have norms lights on the way. Thanks for the wiring tip fair!

"its for the light" is gaining - come both hang in there ! LOL

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I have moved Normans light to the top of my front fender to clean up my bars. The switch Norman puts on the light is excellent! But with it on the front fender makes it a little harder to turn on.

So, since I have a atv switch that also has lights on/off & high/low (which will soon be the on/off for the rear light)

I have re-wired my set up. Now the switch on Normans light is turned on the "On" position all the time. And I turn it on/off through the ATV switch.

Basically the same wiring set up other then I feed the power for the light through the light on/off switch on the atv control.

Attachments

kermit05

Feb 3, 2009
Canada
Good day,
this is Larry, I am on Kermit’s account because he brought this posting to my attention and he works at our custom building shop. People seem confused about the white wire thing so hopefully this helps

First off, you can hook electrical up several ways and it will work but that does not mean it is correct or that you have not caused another problem by hooking the electrical up incorrectly. Bottom line, if you hook it up wrong but you are happy with it then have at it and don't look back, you are happy and life goes on.

The coil has 2 windings, if they were both meant to be used at the same time then they would both be grounded at the same end, they are grounded at opposite ends. This is done so that the magnetic fields cancel each other to stop current flow in the ignition coil without a direct connection to the ignition coil.

The above paragraph is what it is, that simple, not smoke and mirrors, no magic.

If you disagree then please refer to above where it says "Bottom line, if you hook it up wrong but you are happy with it then have at it and don't look back, you are happy and life goes on".

Thank you and have a good day,
Larry
PS the above is posted for clarification and not to start a debate.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
My manual states the white wire is for the light, however if you exceed the max recomended power then it will cause your plug to not fire. If you short it to the bike it will kill it, but it is not the correct wire. If you dont run light of the Stator then no biggy, but if you do (I do) then it's probably better to run the correct ground kill switch. To each their own though.usflg