Mini-Chopper to Push Trailer

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL and wow! just wow. 9 bucks!

I could talk her in to that one. I used to tell her "but I'm gonna sell it" I never do.

She is the most awesome partner a man could ask for. She really never is any thing but super supportive and just plain fun about our crazy. In the spring, we have a ride/picnic thing. Think she enjoys em more then me. I tried to pay her back for the food and stuff and she actually looked insulted. How lucky am I?

Her thing, and she is right, we are just plane outa room for one more project.

I gotta build another, bigger shop, snork.

Side note, I am on a laptop, but connected threw my cell phone! Is so dang cool.

http://motorbicycling.com/f28/internet-access-via-cell-phone-laptop-31419.html#post302353

Gonna be cool for long rides.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Dan

I`m not so sure the pic`s had any connection to carrol walking in another
direct.

I posted congrats in your appointment of high position! A little appreciation would be nice! Lol

Also have a nice way to rig a cheap little tool post grinder, which you will cherish in your future.

Ron, ps; I still like
I did Ron. Will go look. That was an awesome concept you posted. Really, really like it and saved it.

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
I gotta build another, bigger shop, snork.
I could help you out with that if you were in my neighborhood!
Quality Work ... Always!

I know what you mean about having a great partner putting up with all your crazy ideas, my wife Stacy and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary tomorrow.

And believe it or not, she STILL puts up with my crap. laff

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Wow SJN, Happy anniversary! Please convey our very best and warm wishes to Ms. Stacy!

Great web site too. Crisp and clean.

LOL, sitting here typing and a skeeter bit me on the leg. SOB (son of a bug) musta been huge. But reached for a can of Off. Didn't look and just sprayed my self with WD40.

2 funny

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
OMG! Was reading you last post with my cell at work and just about had some handcrafted pale ale running out my nose! Btw. I think WD-40 smells better than off anyway. try a little before a nice dinner. lol and yes, i love my job!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Ya know its funny if beer comes out your nose. It's really funny if coffee comes out of your nose.

Last edited:

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
Got home tonight and decided I was curious since this trailer's almost completely built so I hooked up the gas lines, checked the spark plug for spark (and it made spark), threw some premix in it and what do you know, damn thing fired up third pull! Now I want to go hook up the throttle cable and brake cable and ride it! But it's late. We all just have to wait to see how it handles.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
FIRST TEST RIDE!!!! LOL, and I broke it. Here's how it shook out - and apart. First thing's first, handles friggin' great! Took off out the driveway with only the trailer brake hooked up, no brakes on the bicycle since I used 26 inch rims on a 24 inch mountain bike - more on that later - slid the trailer tire all the way up to the gate and smacked the side stand on the piece of wood the gate wheels roll on, didn't even know it but glad the gate was open. Although, I bent the side stand and bounced the trailer about a foot into the air. Who cares! I was having fun. Took off down the dirt road, found out I could probably reduce air pressure in the trailer tire (a bunch). While the trailer suspension worked really well, the sharp edged bumps and the big tire on the trailer really sent it to bouncing. Who cares, I'm having fun! Chased a few jack rabbits, a few full-throttle runs through deep sand; it didn't like it much. Little underwhelming off the line, but an easy thirty miles an hour on the pavement. But who cares, I was having fun! Back down our road, high speed dirt blast, caught a couple of good bumps, couldn't slow down because I only had the trailer brakes. Tossed the chain, had to put it back on. Noticed pressure gauge gas cap missing. But who cares!! I was having fun. Now the bad part. Damn muffler came off! Slid to a stop on my one trailer brake, grabbed the throttle too hard (and the cable came loose inside the grip), burnt my hand picking the stupid muffler up and pushed it the rest of the way home. But holy sh__, that was FUN! I promise I will start riding a little slower on dirt roads and add more brakes and possibly explore some lower tire pressure for the trailer..trlrl.laffdnut
Video soon.

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
Has anybody found an easy way to use say two dirt bike disks on the front without machining new hubs? Thinkin of twin hyd disks up front with a hyd disk in the rear. The rear line would also use a clutch slave cyl to pull the trailer brake cable. Wish i still had my lathe.

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
Well, I put it back together after my first test ride (see pg 5) and rode it the 7 miles to the new house. It was almost all up hill with a strong head wind and I still dont have the chain on the bike. the little 50 had to work hard but it did it and lived!

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
Needed a beer yesterday (happens alot in this desert) so i took the pusher to town. Got the carb a bit better and less pressure in the trailer tire. What an improvement! Found that this thing is a hazard to kids on bikes. One was watching me while riding on the other side of the road and ran into the curb! No push trailer for that kid. Lol

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
Well so far I have gone through a little over a gallon of gas with only a few minor fixes. Not sure how many miles but the little 50 gets some pretty good mpg. I do need a way to know how much is in those tanks though. I ran out the other day and had to... Well, um.... Pedal. 3 miles! Yuk. Other than that it runs much better than it first did.

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
Took it on another 20 or so mile ride today with no problems at all! The little bugger just ran perfectly. The one thing that really gets me though is how many people ask if it really has a NOS system. lol. This thing is just WAY too much fun. What a freakin blast! Did i mention it only cost 9 bucks? Lol