stop calling them "Master Motorized Bicycle Builders"

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

mabman

Oct 4, 2008
In the wind
Worms? Now you are talking Tequila and Mescal which of course both go with burritos like white on rice.

Just call me MB Connoisseur. Anything but late for dinner.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
new titles

Motorized Bicycle Newbie 0 posts
Motorized Bicycle Member 20 posts
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member 50 posts
Motorized Bicycle Master Member 100 posts

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
new titles

Motorized Bicycle Newbie 0 posts
Motorized Bicycle Member 20 posts
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member 50 posts
Motorized Bicycle Master Member 100 posts
Paul,

I personally think you did a great job with your original method of labeling members. I also totally understand the original post on this thread! It was too funny to read everything that followed!

This is the internet! If a guy posts a lot and doesn't know his butt form his keystrokes, the forum will figure that out without titles being of any concern what-so-ever.

I would keep your original method in-place...just my opinion.

Best regards,
Jim

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
Paul,

I personally think you did a great job with your original method of labeling members. I also totally understand the original post on this thread! It was too funny to read everything that followed!

This is the internet! If a guy posts a lot and doesn't know his butt form his keystrokes, the forum will figure that out without titles being of any concern what-so-ever.

I would keep your original method in-place...just my opinion.

Best regards,
Jim

I agree here why are you worried about changing the setup because one guy has a rant. I like the titles the way they are but then again who am I. Just a member.

Great job on the site

Jeff

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Just to set things straight... it wasn't really a "rant"... I wrote that part to be funny.
It was in fact a legitimate suggestion.
Newbee's come here seeking good advice from experienced builders, & all they see about a person giving the advice is the title "Master Builder". IT'S MISLEADING! because the person could be one of those people I was reffering to.

Also... Most everyone who agreed with me, (or at least didn't talk smack), are people that I actually repect as "master mechanics" and deserve that title!

To everyone who agreed with me and spoke up... THANK YOU!
THIS IS my rant of the day...
dnutdnutdnutdnut

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Just to set things straight... it wasn't really a "rant"... I wrote that part to be funny.
It was in fact a legitimate suggestion.
Newbee's come here seeking good advice from experienced builders, & all they see about a person giving the advice is the title "Master Builder". IT'S MISLEADING! because the person could be one of those people I was reffering to.

Also... Most everyone who agreed with me, (or at least didn't talk smack), are people that I actually repect as "master mechanics" and deserve that title!

To everyone who agreed with me and spoke up... THANK YOU!
THIS IS my rant of the day...
dnutdnutdnutdnut
Since I'm one of those guys who is not a master mechanic, but has posted a lot and have built only one kit bike myself, I have just one thing to say, I just don't care one way or the other what you call me.

There are so many experts here now that I stopped giving advice. When I find someone who no one else is helping I try and if it gets too much for me, I pm Norman. I try to stay out of the technical parts of the forum these days. I would just hate to see this turn into a class struggle. I don't think anyone wants this to be an elitist vs hobbyist forum. I left the other forum and came to this forum to get away from that kind of thing.

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I don't think anyone wants this to be an elitist vs hobbyist forum. I left the other forum and came to this forum to get away from that kind of thing.
I wasn't trying to "stir the pot' or make some "elite group"... I truely felt that the titles were misleading, and that it was a legit suggestion... Sorry Deac.

Maybe I should have used the word "misleading" in the first post? Then maybe more people would have understood me... but there were still a few people who flat out did agree with what I said, so maybe I was making some sense? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Well I'm glad we got that straightened out. Maybe we need a place where members can just RANT and RAVE, that way they don't "clutter up" the place with crap that don't amount to a hill of pins!!! It wasn't broke so why fix it? Bikeguy Joe can we put this one to bed? Walter F.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
it is now locked. i can't please everone and the original titles were for fun and to be different and i didnt think it would raise such a stink. gonna leave them the way they are now i have enough other things on the forum to work on without worrying about this. if anyone dosnt like them all i can say is "ohhhhh well".

.duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.