stop calling them "Master Motorized Bicycle Builders"

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I'm not sure people should automatically get the title of "Master Motorized Bicycle Builder" just because they post 100 times, but are still asking questions because they still can't mount the rear sprocket on their first build.
Maybe they should have to successfully build two motorbicycles first?
I don't know, just a thought?? Just my "rant of the day". :D

What does everyone else think?
dnutdnutdnut

dvddtz

Feb 15, 2009
Gulf Breeze, FL
I dont really care,Ive built 5 and have just graduated from apprentice,I just dont post alot,pretty much everything has been covered.I tend to read more than write, and the ones I built were for other people,except one,and I just got a digital camera,but its all good

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I would certainly agree! I post a lot but mostly in the off topic areas. I am by no means a "Master" Of course you could just take is for what it is, a meaningless board title and leave it at that.

POPS

Sep 8, 2008
Vancouver Island BC .Canada
But...Who would be the JUDGE? on whom deserves what title? EG: You build 1 bike and it's state of the art in innovation and disign Or you build 1 bike thats clean and plane Or you build 20 bikes that are put together with gum and binder twine???...POPS

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Who gives a rats ass? Most of you post with some cooked up name why not a cooked up title to go with it OR no titles for any body except for "Boss's". Walter F.

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
wow i was just thinking about how i would have to explain myself when someone on here asked me why i was asking questions so much if i was a "master motorized bicycle builder" when i saw this thread. is there any way to change it in your profile? i was trying to the other day.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Well I might have been the first to get the title master mechanic and I only built one motorized kit bike. I did rebuild it about ten times though. Still I do not consider myself even a competent mechanic let alone a master of any kind. I am more a tinkerer in the vein of failed inventors.

So change the title. I don't mind and I doubt anyone else does either. When Paul started this site, there were very few people around who had built even one of these bikes let alone five. Still your point is valid my ramblings by no means make me a mechanic.

I don't think we need to make an elitist statement either. There should be some middle ground here where people are just all here to learn and share. Call the old timers old farts, or don't even point them out we are all the same in my eyes. If I happen to have experienced something that might help a new guy out, I would like to suggest it. It's part of the "See one.... Do one... Teach one.." that I thing most of us try to live by...

Even if you have built only one bike, you probably have some experience from that one build that can help a guy who hasn't built even one. So don't stop sharing just because you are not a master mechanic, and don't listen to someone just because they have that title or even a one higher, like super secret double master mechanic.

Lets just all help each other and have fun....

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
the title portion of this program goes by number of posts. i can make them anything that is reasonable. if someone has an idea of 4 different titles based on number of posts put them here and we will look at them. i didnt realize it was such a big deal

mabman

Oct 4, 2008
In the wind
Maybe because it isn't?

But how about these?

Some online time

More online time

Even more online time

Way too much online time

Status
Not open for further replies.