Quality 415 chain?

GoldenMotor.com

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
My chain bent in the crank case. I am looking for something really good, preferably 'prestretched' Pirate and every one else seems to be out.

I don't know if it's a 415, it's whatever came with my Grubee GT5.

Also I am looking for simple performance upgrades that either bolt on or are easy to install (not tearing into the motor) I already have a new pipe and an NT carb and an NGK.
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-10337746512064_2242_104224899

Edit: looking for more torque. Also do centrifugal clutch kits fit on a GT5? heard 9/10 parts don't fit out of the box on a Grubee.

Last edited:

Deimus

Dec 11, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Have you read the Chain Size Chart thread yet? After reading this thread along with posts about chains from other threads, I just replaced my kit #415 chain with a #41 chain from Tractor Supply. My kit is new so there weren't any miles to speak of on the kit #415 chain. But it was amazing to look at the difference in construction between the two chains. The Tractor Supply #41 chain is well constructed without any of the slop that is in the construction of the kit chain. The #41 chain is wider but because of the quality construction it actually seems to sit on the rear sprocket better.