Denver area riders

GoldenMotor.com

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
well i managed to remove both of my rear broken studs the other day....and im a bike mechanic...so i have a truing stand etc.... hit me up i can most likely help

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Well something has come up. I'm having a new roof put on and they're starting this coming Saturday. They tell me four to five days but if it runs into the next weekend I need to be home so Saturday the 16th might not work for me.
That would give Rod a few more days to get things right and for us to finalize a meeting place.
Any comments?
Tom

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
broke 2 more f-in studs...cheap bolts to blame...swapped all my motor mount bolts with black hardened allens from aaa metric...we will see what happens...breaking a stud every 40 or so miles blows

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
scored a sweet set of 100mm spinner suspension forks today for the bike....and converting to 1" threadless......its an easy conversion and forks are a little easier to find....might be a good idea for you as well 2door.....got them at foothill cycling in wheatridge...they should be able to get morednut

oh and 40 more miles today...up steep hills too...no broken parts...im happy...local denver source for hardware....aaa metric

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
So when are we all gonna get together. With any luck my roof will be done by next weekend and I'll be free. Anyone have a firm place to meet yet? Anywhere but Boulder?

Tom

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
please keep me informed......a suspension fork and a different tank and ill be ready to finish the ww2 messenger bike aesthetically....it runs right now...my daily commuter......i was thinking about a shell type faux tank and a weed wacker gas tank or something...
Contact me if you still want one. I haven't had chance to borrow neighbor's ladder, he's gone all day playing golf, to get to them in my garage but I'm 99 percent sure they are one inch diameter.

I'm game for 16th of this month. Would love to ride some good trails and I've got a buddy of mine who will probably join me...he rides motorcycles but is intrigued by motorized bikes.

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
my new fork works awesome...2door needs one though.....hey ive got a quwstion....what speeds are you guys cruising at....just trying to gauge if im gonna need to gear down or up....im cruising about 20/23 boggin out...but in search of a better plug....i dont want to slow everyone down lol

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Steam,
I'm a member of the 20 MPH club so we'll just cruise along and catch the other guys at stop signs. :)
I can go faster but...why?
There's a Holiday Inn at C-470 and Ken Caryl. There's some beautiful bike trails that go north and south from there. That's just a suggestion. The trails are marked, "No Motor Vehicles" but I ride them a lot and if I encounter other bikers or walkers I just hit the kill switch and pedal past them until I'm out of ear shot then start the engine again. Really some nice trails and pretty scenery. The trails run along the hogback and parallel C-470 but they also go east at Bowles and other cross streets. Heck you can ride from Ken Caryl all the way to I-70 and back.
Any other suggestions?

Tom

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
the idea of a possible ticket kinda bugs me out....mainly cuz i cant afford to pay it....lol....but i dont have any better suggestions sorry maybe meet downtown denver somewhere that we can park and take a popular vote? chatsfeild maybe? i dunno kinda like a regular motorcycle putt....meet up pick a spot for lunch or something ride out and back picked up a b7hs plug today...wanted iridium but autozone didnt have it......also picked up some o.d. green and some sandstone.....complete teardown and paint tonight/tomorrow ......ill have my ww2 style bike.wee.

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Well my bike is fixed. I don't mind where we go... by path or by road. I need to know who all is coming so I can decide on a meeting spot.

I was thinking a park to park type cruise. Meet and greet somewhere where everyone can park their trucks, then go from there...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm up for it...someone make a decision on where and when to meet, otherwise
my roof will be done by Friday so I'm up for Saturday. My bike is ready, me too.
If no one makes a firm decison I'll be at the Holiday Inn at C-470 and Ken Caryl at 1000:Am Saturday morning, on the 16th. Anyone who wants to meet...I'll be there. But, I'm still open for suggestions. Come on guys...Let's make this happen.
Tom

Last edited:

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
If weather is warm, I'll be there and I'll bring two suspension forks for you to chose from 2door. If you'll be doing 20mph, I'll bring my slower bike powered by a Dax. Its nice and smooth but my other bike actually has what some would call acceleration.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Drewd,
I'll bring a bike with some, acceleration too, but we can play it cool, and pretend we're slow folks :)
Anyone else care to join us? Nash Opel? dax? Large Philipino? Steampunk? F Rod81? StreetStrip? Anyone?
Tom

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
im out....i took the bike out yesterday and it got stolen while eating dinner.......locked up on 16th st mall.....rumor is one of the homeless guys stole it......keep an eye out....really sux that im finally posting pics up so people can find it....didnt even get to do a build thread............

[/IMG]

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Steam,
That's about the suckiest thing I've heard for a while. I assume you reported it. What did they say? Any chance it'll turn up, maybe at a pawn shop somewhere?
If I see anything I'll call the cops first then contact you. That really stinks.
Tom

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
filed a report....heard it was a local mall rat that hangs around down on the 16th st mall....i was eating dinner with my partner and some freinds when it got stolen.....gonna go hop on the bus with my longboard and go hang out on the mall...might get lucky....told my boss im not coming in and out hunting for my bike...this is my commuter to work and everything....majorly bummed ...looking at the possibility of getting arrested if i find it...dealing with the consequences ....literally finished the paintjob new wheels forks headset ngk plug all new fuel lines/filters and just updated all the junk hardware..MONDAY MORNING.....this couldnt have happened at a worse time.....

Last edited:

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
Steam,
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. That truly sucks. I'll keep an eye out for it in the Springs area. You won't believe the (stolen) stuff that shows up at our local flea market.

2door,
Of 2 forks, only one is 1inch diameter and it has a 5 1/2 inch stem. Let me know if it'll work. Please IM me your phone number and I'll give you a call regarding Sat's day ride. I'm still planning on going. Just had chain jump ripping off the rear derailleur and caused wheel to lock up. Gonna order a real jump stop from SBP and get rid of the awful one that I got sold at a local bike shop.

Later,
Drewd

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Drewd,
I'll bring a bike with some, acceleration too, but we can play it cool, and pretend we're slow folks :)
Anyone else care to join us? Nash Opel? dax? Large Philipino? Steampunk? F Rod81? StreetStrip? Anyone?
Tom
I plan on coming and I'll be coming from Brighton, so C-470 & Ken Caryl is a little too far south for my taste. We need to meet close to the downtown area; at a place with suitable parking for all in attendance. There is a good loop around the city going from park to park with roads and paths in-between.

Meet at 10am @

Meeting point: Berkeley Park by the old Lakeside amusement park, from there make our way west to Prospect Park, and break.

-from Prospect Park journey over to Crown Hill Park and relax for a few, chat, refuel, and then venture to Sloans lake Park for a short break.

-Once were done at Sloans lake keeping heading east making a couple passes through Downtown while finding a place for lunch.

-After lunch, keep heading east on 17th ave towards the City park / Museum area. Take some pictures or whatever floats for you and then head out.

-Back west on 18th ave and go by Coors field, through LoDo and make our way back towards Berkeley Park.

This is what I had in mind for the cruise, we can mix it up with bike paths and roads. Let me know what you guys think. If your in or out ? Total est. cruise time 3-5 hours.