tonchio tronfio board track racer

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Looks like a great build. Wheels & truss fork look like they will hold up well. I'll be watching your progress, keep up the good work. What are you thinking of using fo your engine?

ducaroso

Oct 16, 2014
greece
thanks Russell the engine is a big issue here im thinking of building one of my own I have make some moke ups haven't decided thow if it will be single or v twin the cost of v twin is much elevated here some pics from the engine progress

Attachments

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Wow! Build your own engine, that's a task that most of us only dream of doing! If you do decide to go that way, please do a seprate thread on it as I am sure many would like to follow that build.

I was glad to get a closer look at your truss fork in the back ground of your third photo, looks solid.

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
The price of an engine across Europe need not be too expensive. What size do you want it to be?

ducaroso

Oct 16, 2014
greece
thank you all for the interest Ludwig it isn't a problem sourcing an engine is the fact that I have fell in love with these simple hoglet engines so I wanted to built my own as for the capacity here in Greece we have a lot of Honda c50 bikes so I will use plenty of Honda parts such as crankshaft and rocker arms so I guess it will be 50cc or 100cc if I make it v twin my concern about the v twin is that the cylinders wont be allined because the connecting rods will be side by side

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Do you actually need the cylinders directly in line? If you do, you are consigned to the self build path.

If you merely need a small V twin, then people on here have successfully used 125 Honda and Yamaha chain drivers.

The choice, direction, methods are yours. Ask every time you come to a decision point though, there is a large amount of information on this forum for you, which will hopefully save you time and expense.

ducaroso

Oct 16, 2014
greece
ludwig so true I should ask first in any case some damage has already happened but I cant go back so I have to evolve existing parts. as for the engine the idel would be the cylinders were alined but I have already laser cut connecting rods so if it will end upv twin the rods will be side by side like the ducati l-twin which brings one cylinder centered and the other one aside like in this foto

Attachments

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Does the cam have a single lobe, like the old Ariels and the more recent Honda CG engines? Also, is there any advantage to having the follower arms set so low?

While U think, do you know about the Buddfab "1905-ish motorcycle"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-FE42yduNI

Last edited:

ducaroso

Oct 16, 2014
greece
thanks Ludwig im familiar with both. im trying to follow the Peugeot engine or since you are from uk the sunbeam . toms connecting rod would be perfect for me but I have already laser cuted the connecting rods .as about the other engine the vw barrel its too big for my project im more close to this engine

Attachments