What's your favorite quote

GoldenMotor.com

caduceus

Feb 4, 2009
Frostbite Falls, MN
Several come immediately to mind, but this is one I came up with myself after years of working in production jobs.

"In any corporate environment, no matter how hard you work to get ahead of your schedule; someone somewhere will do just enough less so that your net gain is always zero." - Woody's No Net Gain Hypothesis.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
"No one can see the Great Oz, not no one, not no how"

I had that made into a small plaque that was over my office door when I was in facility management.

Tom

Groove

Nov 2, 2012
Lexington, KY
"There's two places here for sleeping.. 1) Sitting upright riding in the passenger seat of your city issued truck, and 2) a wheelbarrel tipped up sideways." - Water Dept. Supervisor.

Pluto

Sep 3, 2013
Chicago
'Use it up, wear it out, or do without". On my fathers fridge.

"Only speak when you can improve the silence". Same place.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I came upon this one recently from, I think, Walt Whitman. And I'm gonna hafta paraphrase since I'm doing it from memory;

"It's good to have money and the things money can buy. But one should take stock frequently to be sure that he's not losing the things that money can't buy."

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
"I'm busier than a cat covering his s..t in a litterbox."

Actually told to me by an employee this morning!!!

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
This thread really caught on, and there are some great ones here.
A lone soldier was detailed to the Marines for duty in a particularly unsavory city. While in a discussion about weapons range, and it's limitations on patrol movement, he reminds his comrades "What's the maximum effective range of a U.S. Calvaryman... all of it."
Not for everyone, but it makes my spurs rattle! That's the day they started calling me Gunny.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
This thread really caught on, and there are some great ones here.
A lone soldier was detailed to the Marines for duty in a particularly unsavory city. While in a discussion about weapons range, and it's limitations on patrol movement, he reminds his comrades "What's the maximum effective range of a U.S. Calvaryman... all of it."
Not for everyone, but it makes my spurs rattle! That's the day they started calling me Gunny.
"A sucking chest wound is natures way of telling you to slow down".

Tom

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
"When you realize it's your own grave you're digging, it's time to put down the shovel."
~Me to coworker for whom everything was coming out of his mouth wrong towards somebody else.