A little something ive been working on

GoldenMotor.com

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
Hey ski, how is the link belt holding up for ya, I want do same thing for my 212 engine
The only problem I have had is stretch. Just keep removing links to get it right. It is still something I'm working on. Getting the best fit. Not to tight but not slipping either.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I think it was Mr.B that used a superteen belt with good luck,but he has a flat wheel rim for a pully..............Curt

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
Anyone following this may want to go back and read post # 3 ................
After the frame was done I went back home and started thinking about mounts. using corrugated plastic i cut out some 12 inch circles and got some allthread to tie them together to make patterns for the mount plates and give me some idea of how the engine was going to set in there.

Attachments

Last edited:

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
I wanted the whole thing,mount,engine and fake oll tank to come off the bike in one piece just like the old bikes.So the only mount welded is on the bottom bracket.every thing else is bolted. But it is very stong with 5 mount points

Attachments

Last edited:

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
The outside plates slip over the bottom bracket plates and the oil tank mount slips over the base plate which is made from angle iron then tig welded to the side plates then it is bolted through the bottom bracket mount. If that makes sense

Attachments

Last edited:

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
I also got to do some work on the oil tank/mount.The pump is only mocked up here to see how it looks before it gets a solid mount. Probably brazed on. I dont wont it rattling or getting kicked off.
That's all for today ill post some more on monday. After the fenders come out of the mold.

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Something to think about on a future build and relatively in-expensive is a veterinaries syringe (10/20 ml's) for an oil plunger you can usually find them on eBay for about
$20.oo or less

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I like yer bike a lot! and you've done some Super really dig'n it cool period stuff so don't feel as though I am picking the bike apart there's just a certain way a plunger should look so here is what I did on my Indian (mine has electrical wiring running through it) just thought I'd throw some info at Ya about the plungers.
Again yer bike is bike is super like WOW looking Man

Attachments

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
You have done a great looking job on the frame loop, Joe!
I like it a lot! :)

and that frame jig!!! Wow! I gotta get me one of those!

Best
rc

I'll bet it looks great at the Five Points, heading out Wooley to the Shores!
:)

Last edited: