A little something ive been working on

GoldenMotor.com

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
I seem to have misplaced the tank build pics but it was made from channel steel. Not the best choice but neither of us had tank build experience and we used what we thought would be easy. It was anything but easy. We fought it like crazy channel isn't square so fitting them together was a task. But we did figure out to save the roll on the back slope by putting a seam on the side of the tank instead of the top.After I hit it with a flap wheel it didn't come out to bad for amateurs. And i think it adds to the caricature of the bike being home made. Heres some of them i have

Attachments

Last edited:

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
put it all back together today and stretched the leather on the seat frame and took it out for good run. found a small leak in a tank bung that ill fix tomorrow or the next day after making sure it wont blow up .weld Here is a pic of the other side. I know the pump should go on the other side but this side needed something

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Joe,
What a dream bike you have made! It is so well thought out and with so much attention to detail. You have every right to feel very proud. Well done sir!

And thank you for your good wishes coming my way...
SB

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You all need to meet Joe (Scott) to see what a gentleman and knowledgable guy he really is. I've been following his work since the old Schwinn Jaguar days and I've always been impressed.
His latest effort is synonymous with everything else he's built. Mechanically sound and well thought out.
Congratulations Scott on another success.

Tom

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
Wow thanks Tom that means alot. I really kind of wish I could have taken a little bit more with this. It's still a very solid ride but it could use paint . It's going to be hard to let it go. Just can't do the liquids in a condo or apt. We are thinking about an rv but I can't commit to it. So for now it is EBIKES here I come. I'm thinking it might have to be mid drive though.

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
Its amazing to me some of the builds that you guys are doing and have done since I started on this site.. Im just saying I could not have done this without this site or you people (Im much more of a reader than a poster. if you haven't noticed the low post count). you are all a wealth of information... I would have never thought of tilting a H.F. engine........All I have done is take your ideas and run with them. As a combined group I dont think there is a better one on the net. keep it up guys....
Scott..

Last edited:

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
Skjjoe, I love those "thrift store" finds. With a little imagination one can come-up with some great motorized bicycle accessories. That air cleaner/sifter reminds me of some of the auto gadgets on TV years ago; "The turbo-flo filter, with vortex blades, turns your old engine into a turbo charged beast!"

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Skjjoe, I love those "thrift store" finds. With a little imagination one can come-up with some great motorized bicycle accessories. That air cleaner/sifter reminds me of some of the auto gadgets on TV years ago; "The turbo-flo filter, with vortex blades, turns your old engine into a turbo charged beast!"
LOL, I knew a guy who bought one of those 'Turbo' things. He had it mounted under a 2 barrel carb on a Ford flathead. One of the little aluminum propellers came off and was eaten by the engine. Guess what that caused.

Tom

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
Tom Let me guess....... About 8 hours hard labor.
Taking the bike to the rose bowl swap tomorrow. We'll see if I can get any bites.

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
Well the swap meat went well.No buyers but alot of really good comments .I think the best one I heard a couple of times is "it's like art" . I got a luagh when it fooled a few older bikers. Most folks thought it was the real thing. And that's the best compliment one could pay.

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
Haven't had any good offers and this one is growing on my wife so I got a vintage headlight, the correct wheel sheave and some cream tires. I may have to paint this one after alll.. :)

Attachments