110cc 4-stroke ATV Fully Automatic Engine

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I saw one posted here that actually had pedal crank built into the engine...
can't find the link now though.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I'm gonna do it! Why not? LOL
The 49cc looks small enough to be do-able on a normal bike frame. I'm not sure about the 110cc. It's just too big.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Anybody done this motor yet? I know it's extra wide but I could live with it.
I think Crazy Horse messed around w/it some (OCC chopper), check his profile for threads ifn ya wanna: http://motorbicycling.com/member.php?u=5890

The cases are the same on all displacements I think...they all look the same to me.
Yes & no... sorta? I think there's some variance between makes & sizes, depending on what make & what size - they're often close but not all are identical insofar as parts interchangeability but if you're just referring to mounts then yea, they're pretty much all the same lol

There's varying levels of clones ofc, I do know Lifan is fully interchangeable w/it's Honda equivalent (the CRF series) and so the 50 can take the 70 head etc., with the off-branded cloned clones your guess is as good as mine tho ;)

They are all quite a bit better then you'd expect from such a low cost engine, far far better than the two stroke in-frame kits... which is odd given they cost roughly the same & given that drastic difference in quality even the 50 isn't to be underestimated :D http://youtu.be/XKtDQo4lHlc

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
they make loads of these in different sizes and trannies...your pedals become ornaments with these...kick and electric start for most.....I know a few people with them and they run flawless

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
they make loads of these in different sizes and trannies...your pedals become ornaments with these...kick and electric start for most.....I know a few people with them and they run flawless
They look high class for being Chinese.

If I had to use a 12 tooth engine sprocket as a chainring in order to fit the engine, then I'd do it. I'm not too big on pedaling anyway. LOL

Last edited:

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Heres one I have. It was built to be completely legal in Ga. Pedals function and it actually has a coaster brake and F&R hand brakes. Its a great engine to build around. I also built a Lifan 125cc, pretty fast. I have new complete 50cc auto clutch, 3 or 4spd, I cant remember. Make you a real deal on it!

Attachments

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
I wanted to build a bike with one of those lifan motors. Couldn't get any info out of anyone selling them about the automatic if it were just 1 speed.
Went with a 212. Still interested in a lifan. Maybe neat to run a manual shifter one?

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Sometime ago I purchased a second hand Chinese mini-chopper with a 110cc automatic clone engine made by S F I . I broke down the chopper for parts and sold them off, but I kept the engine. I was told by the guy who sold the chopper to me that it was a two speed auto, but with the engine on the bench I have no way to confirm that.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
They look like a great choice to me, especially the 50cc 4 stroke with pedals and gears. With gears you don't need as much hsp as with a single speed. To me these have a lot more appeal than a China girl 2 stroke. With pedals and a modest sized engine you'd probably draw little attention from the powers that be. Knowing me I'd probably go for the 125cc and find a sticker that says 50CC. Ha!
SB

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
49cc four stroke Lifan, auto-clutched, electric start: http://youtu.be/aQXKnt9hZzU

These horizontal CRF clones come in all flavors, just about every variation you can think of. While I'm running a 3sp auto-clutch - the full automatics are usually 2 or 3 speeds (I've a used 3sp full auto as a spare)... catch is there's so many different combos of displacements & transmission types that you'll need solid info from whatever vendor you might be considering purchasing from as otherwise you might end up with anything.

If the vendor doesn't know or won't answer - find another, there's plenty out there lol

Just some food fer thought;

A full automatic would be most desirable for motorizing a bicycle, not just for legality (shifting is not illegal everywhere) but due to the constraints we face...

Manual shifters are awkward with motorized bicycle applications, you've an extra lever & a gear shifter that need to go somewhere, that "somewhere" not impossible but difficult at best.

Semi-autos help with that issue by eliminating the clutch lever but you'll still need to shift "in flight" in certain circumstances, the gear selector located on the lower left side of the engine (same as a manual) it isn't the easiest to operate, like many (new) bikes it needs a solid, sure engagement. Lengthening the selector lever would help, better yet a redesign to a tank shift w/linkages.

Having said that the fact is I often don't shift at all even with my lil 49cc, I just leave it in my "cruise speed" range and pedal assist take offs, downshifting only if there's a monster hill and/or I've a bunch of cargo in the trailer... these clones (particularly the Lifan) are nothing like the in-frame two stoke kits, their quality and preformance far, far better than that or even what you'd expect for the price - because of that and in addition to the torque of a four stroke, shifting is an option but rarely a necessity.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
They did put a 2 speed auto in some of those choppers.
The one to avoid is the lifan with reverse, as the reverse has no lock out and will break when engaged whilst still moving forward.
I know cause I have one here, but great motor.
Fairly heavy though

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
They did put a 2 speed auto in some of those choppers.
The one to avoid is the lifan with reverse, as the reverse has no lock out and will break when engaged whilst still moving forward.
I know cause I have one here, but great motor.
Funny you should mention that Theon, given I've a tadpole recumbent I searched high & low for close to a year for the Lifan w/reverse and failed miserably - I found the engine type ofc, but no retailer that offered one lol

In the end it didn't matter, reverse being useless on a two wheeler I don't need it at all even with my trike, I just skitch back a bit using my feet or grabbin' the front wheels and "wheelchairing" it back... it'd be nifty sure and I wanted to add the "beep beep" safety thing trucks have just to be silly, but it's silly enough without it anyway I figure ;)

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
The guy I purchased the chopper from had registered it as a 50cc moped. I have no idea how he'd managed to get away with that one as the NZ Police are very well aware that not all Chinese horizontal clones are 50cc and what's more the engine number on the crankcase says 110:xxxxxxxx.