my henderson tribute

GoldenMotor.com

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Hehehe, finaly have figured out how to post pics!! I think but here it goes I'll try to put up a pic of the engine with the crank starter :)

Arg! It won't work! I was able to put up a avatar though. :D trying to put the pics in the album. Be right back

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Its a steampunk motorcycle that I think is based off a strange simplex made bike that looked similar. Don't remember the exact name of the simplex bike but there was one on epay a while ago. I put a few pic's up in my album :)

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
Thanks, I'll check it out.

If you’re still having difficultly posting images to threads perhaps you could use a photo sharing site...

For example my Daughter recently turned me on to one named Imgur

http://imgur.com/”

It’s pretty simple to download your images there (There’s no resizing or anything involved) and then just copy and paste a link to your album here... ?

-Kirk

Goldy

Oct 3, 2010
Nova Scotia
Checked out your album....some cool stuff. The crank starter is very unusual...in 40 years of working around engines, I have only seen pictures of them....are you going to motorize that little red wagon in the background???? I couldn't resist it :)

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
If my old wagon was in better shape I would think about it but after having used it as a trailer behind my motorbike for the last 6 months has raly taken its toll on the flimsy sheetmetal.

Goldy

Oct 3, 2010
Nova Scotia
Any progress on the build??? I've been too busy with motorcycles this winter to get serious with the bicycle builds, so I'm living vicariously through you guys!

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Haven't really did anything to it, since my has started remodeling the kitchen the welder has a good quater inch of sawdust on it. I got the perfect set of wheels and spokes for the henderson but I threw them on my china bike just to get to work after I popped 3 spokes on a vintage new departure wheel :( I've found a older sears and roebuck engine, and its very very heavy but its all in one peice and the tank dosnt have a speck of rust inside. I'll eventualy sneak all the peices to school after we comlete the high mileage car races and have mr.lindgren weld it up.

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
I've finaly laced up the wheels, puch moped hubs and a set of worksman rims. They're not pretty but I guess they will work. A few days ago on the facebook page for here I posted pictures of my belt shieve tht I made from what actualy turned out to be a part from a snowmobile clutch. it was very simple to do and it automaticly centers itself on the spokes (it mounts like a whizzer shieve).

A belt idler pully mounts on the motor, where a conventional clutch band brake is usualy mounted.
and I've actualy welded part of the frame together my self so,

all the best.

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
On a belt drive, would a 3 to 2 to 3 to 10 inch set up be workable? I dunno the ratio tables or where to find a calculator online that has 4 fill-in-the-blanks.

Last edited:

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
You need to switch the first two around.# 3 to 2 then back to 3 you don't gain anything. That is seping up then back down. It would be the same as 3 to 10 to start with. With belt drive you just devide 3 by 2 and it will give you the ratio. With out geting the calculator out I think you should be around 2 to 5 or 6 then 2 to 10 hope that helps........Curt

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Thanks!, my jack shaft/clutch pulley is just a triple step with bushings pressed in. just as simple as flipping it over to work then.

Last edited: