4G T Belt Drive Installation Problems BlowByU Is Here For You

GoldenMotor.com

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Beau
I just remembered one more thing about the 10 tooth non-free wheel is that even when you are pedaling your T Belt and clutch bell will be turning ie residual drag while pedaling.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Yes abikerider
There is two different shafts and I ran in to that just the other day when my customer got the wrong shaft supplier was told it was for a 5/8 shaft but sent the one for the tapered shaft by mistake. The transmission believe it or not the transmission for the 5/8 shaft is more narrow here are some pics that will show the difference.

36 - Copy.jpg Notice in this pic the trans is actually wider this trans is for tapered shaft only. But the clutch bell has an advantage over the one for the 5/8 the tapered shaft trans has a bearing in the clutch bell (advantage)

36.jpg Notice the trans in this pic is narrower this the trans for the Honda and all 5/8 shaft and there is one draw back and that is there is no bearing for the clutch it uses a bushing that has to be soaked in oil for 24 hours (disadvantage)

Here the same pic side by side for comparison 36-2.jpg you can see the difference

Just remember to tell the dealer what shaft you have and there shouldn't be any problem

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Oh and forgot to mention the advantage goes to the 5/8 shaft for being narrow. But has bushing clutch bell
And the disadvantage goes to the tapered shaft for being wider. But has a bearing in the clutch bell.

And just a note about all of this is the clutch bearing or bushing in either ONLY STARTS WORKING AT IDLE ONLY once the clutch is engaged and you are in motion the bearing or the bushing are inactive so wear or use only happens at idle.

20tbell.jpg

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Yes abikerider
There is two different shafts and I ran in to that just the other day when my customer got the wrong shaft supplier was told it was for a 5/8 shaft but sent the one for the tapered shaft by mistake.

No, I mean the output shaft of the transmission, not the engine. The shaft that you would have to replace in order to install the 10 tooth sprocket. Recumbentbill says there are two different ones.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Yes abikerider
That is exactly what I have been talking about but the only way to explain OR tell the difference is by calling one (5/8 shaft) and the other (tapered shaft) they both have different sized output shafts
So if you are going to order an output shaft you will have to tell them what kind of shaft you have (5/8 shaft) or you have a (tapered shaft) by tell them that you will get the correct output shaft
I am sorry for not making it clear enough

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Here's a picture from the Grubee site showing two different part numbers for the two different 10 tooth output shafts, #5A for the Huasheng F142 cc and #5-1B for the Honda GXH50. This confirms that they each require a different shaft otherwise they'd use the same part numbers.

Attachments

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
LOL that is the 4:1 ratio transmission that is a completely different animal all together those are not even out yet.
The transmission I have been talking about is the only one that is out there and it is 5:1 ratio.
So in the future it will be a little confusing but once you know what you have it wont be that hard to get what you need.

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Yes abikerider
That is exactly what I have been talking about but the only way to explain OR tell the difference is by calling one (5/8 shaft) and the other (tapered shaft) they both have different sized output shafts
So if you are going to order an output shaft you will have to tell them what kind of shaft you have (5/8 shaft) or you have a (tapered shaft) by tell them that you will get the correct output shaft
I am sorry for not making it clear enough
Oh OK:), I just thought you misunderstood me. Well that's good to know that they're available for the 5/8" engine version. It is just a little too confusing with the two different F142 engine versions. I wish they'd call them something like the 4G-T and 4G-58 for tapered and 5/8" versions.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Yes and it dose not help that the HuaSheng 142f-cc has both (5/8 keyed) and (tapered)
Honda GXG50 as far as I know only comes with the (5/8 keyed)
And thank you for the great questions I gives me a chance to show that I actually know the heck I am talking about :)
Cheers
Terry

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
Hey Terry.... What is the easiest way to change the color of the Magneto Cover. I have seen some old pictures when the 4g first hit the market, and some people had black ones... I really don’t want red on the one I’m about to build. Is there a special paint I can use that won’t flake off, or do you by chance know where I can order a new black one? Thanks for all the help Terry... you’re the man

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi Hunter
Here are a few pictures of what I did with my engine cover

SANY0210.jpg Here is the product I used it's called One Choice (SUA4903)

SANY0228.jpg Here is a pic right after it was painted

Picture 035.jpg And in this pic you can see the results are very nice and durable finish.

This is a very simple to use just have to make sure the part is absolutely oil, grease and dirt free. Then spray on the One Choice (SUA4903) a single coat. Then paint with the color of your choice making sure that the two paints will work together when you purchase the One Choice they should be-able to sell you the right kinds of paint

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Many of the problems people run into are simple problems, what is hard to do is explain them in detail and then get the solution right. It can take hours to get the answers writing back and forth. When it can be talked about on the phone and solved in a very short time. Here is my phone number 604-543-9010 You can call me any time I am almost always home 7 days a week 9am pacific time until midnight. And if you don't want a long distance bill email [email protected] me your phone number I will call you.
I PROMISE THAT IF I DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER I WILL GET THE ANSWER
Cheers
Terry

Last edited: