Please post insights/pics of your cylinder up 99 Predator build...

GoldenMotor.com

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
I’m thinking of building a new bike where I’d like to use a HF 99 Predator engine with the cylinder tilted nearly straight up...

Perhaps this is considered a bad idea, but I have done this with the older Greyhound 200 and was quite happy with the engine performance. http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=37029

I did attempt the forum search feature with poor results (not unusual for me), but I’m sure some of you must have have tried this with the newer little predator-

So I’m just looking for a little insight, photos, or links to your projects!

Plus it might be fun just to see a bunch of pics of these together on one thread...

Thanks!

-Kirk

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Thanks Scotto!

I plan to pick up the engine this weekend and will have to look into the famous HF coupons.

So how much oil do you guys end up using?

Here’s an idea I just came up with for a dipstick on my Greyhound 200...

Just a zip tie with the head shaved down to fit into a existing recess on the cap and passed through a newly drilled hole.

I don’t know if it’s a good idea yet and fear what the engine running temperature will do to the zip tie. And with my bike down for a tank repaint it may be a while before I find out, but I think it’s worth a chance.

It’s cut so 1/4” inch shows oil right after a fresh fill.

Although this wouldn’t help you or CCC with the clever way you have your vent & overflow set up.

Thanks again!

-Kirk

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thanks Scotto!

I plan to pick up the engine this weekend and will have to look into the famous HF coupons.

So how much oil do you guys end up using?

Here’s an idea I just came up with for a dipstick on my Greyhound 200...

Just a zip tie with the head shaved down to fit into a existing recess on the cap and passed through a newly drilled hole.

I don’t know if it’s a good idea yet and fear what the engine running temperature will do to the zip tie. And with my bike down for a tank repaint it may be a while before I find out, but I think it’s worth a chance.

It’s cut so 1/4” inch shows oil right after a fresh fill.

Although this wouldn’t help you or CCC with the clever way you have your vent & overflow set up.

Thanks again!

-Kirk
That's a pretty slick dip-stick......it should work fine. We're running a bit over 11ozs of oil in the 99cc as the cam gear sits up high in this position.

Keep it coming!

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Picked up the Engine this weekend, and I was confused by which one was currently available. It’s actually the 79cc...

Never the less even with tax it came out to just one dollar and one cent per cc.

:)

I looked up the specs and it does have matching external dimensions to the 99cc, so I imagine it will pretty much take the same amount of oil.

Build thread soon...!

-Kirk