no spark problem

GoldenMotor.com

bandit143728

Aug 12, 2010
Daytona Beach Florida
Hello All

I dont want to rehash a problem that has been talked to death but I need some advice;

I have a no spark problem on a new grubee skyhawk, I have replaced the cdi box twice with new ones, after reading the test proceedures on this site I checked the cdi boxes as instructed I get off scale or no(infinity)readingsI have emailed piston bikes .com where i bought the parts but so far have had no reply.

My questions are these, this seems to be a very common problem, can anyone recommend a website that has reliable replacement parts that WORK, from my readings I can only gather that the no spark problem is in the cdi box as the mag readings are good.

also has anyone had or can tell me if the storm 49cc 4 stroke has a built in ignition and how reliable is it.

Thank you again for a great web site:-||

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I found that one engine I have if the magnet rotor is on backwards it won't spark. If you take of off turn it over put it back on it works. I wonder if that could be the problem you have? Could have been a rough day at the china engine factory.
I don't know if the other engines will do that cause I mark them before I take them off this one I forgot to mark. I didn't think it would matter on the one I put on backwards but it matters at least this one don't like being on backwards.

http://motorbicycling.com/f34/no-spark-13067.html

Found this here. Did it ever run?